Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: undergraduate GPA  (Read 1966 times)

Whymista

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: undergraduate GPA
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 09:05:28 PM »
Figured this was a good place to ask this.  I interned at a district court for 6mos a few years ago.  If I was able to get an LOR from the judge would it matter that it wasn't written when I was actually an intern?
Zaidon,NWS,Fallujah, Amaryah,Farris Town
Operation Southern Fire
2/2 Easy Co Warlords
RCT-8 II MEF Forward
OIF III

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 09:45:11 AM »
Figured this was a good place to ask this.  I interned at a district court for 6mos a few years ago.  If I was able to get an LOR from the judge would it matter that it wasn't written when I was actually an intern?

No.
Mood: Tired but cheerful.  :)

Whymista

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 08:46:52 AM »
Thanks
No.
Zaidon,NWS,Fallujah, Amaryah,Farris Town
Operation Southern Fire
2/2 Easy Co Warlords
RCT-8 II MEF Forward
OIF III

vintij

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2010, 04:56:08 PM »
I wouldn't put such a narrow goal in mind as to limit to top 5. I would go for top 14 if you want to aim high. All these school will give you a good shot at a good job.

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2010, 11:25:34 PM »
Well I hold a 4.0 whilst going for 3 degrees, two of which are finished now and the last one I will finish in the fall. I took harder classes throughout my undergrad career, and can say with affirmation, I am much smarter than most people. The harder classes weighed heavily on individual thought and creativity which are essential skills a person needs in life to succeed. Go ahead and take the easy classes and you will wonder why people seem more competitive. They worked harder and it paid off for them.

Electrical engineering, microbiology, classical physics compounded with organic chemistry, and Latin my first semester.

Second semester finance classes, accounting, business management, classical philosophy, and another Latin class.

Summer semester, more physics, biology, engineering, and chemistry.

Fall semester of second year, more finance classes, accounting, and various other business classes.

Winter term, more finance, economics, and philosophy classes.

Spring semester of second year, more finance, (I finished up multi-variable calculus while doing PSEO), economics, accounting, abstract algebra II, and philosophy.

Summer, internship at UBS (was paid 2k/month for basically helping clients with questions they may have).

Fall semester of 3rd year, finished up most of the classes that pertained to international studies which were taken out of the various classes I listed above and finished the philosophy major.

Winter term, took the last of the international studies classes.

Spring term of 3rd year, fiannce, management, analytical mechanics, and quantum mechanics (physics).

Summer, well... I am resting.

My fall class list consists of finance, more physics, and my last economics class for the Finance major requirement.

Taking the harder classes helped my brain improve to greater depths and understand much more of the natural world around me. I finished up the requirement for pre-med taking all of those science classes which is also an added bonus for me. For those wanting to take easier classes, well... good luck. You want to work different parts of your brain, but whatever, your loss.

Morten Lund

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 11:38:44 AM »

Electrical engineering, microbiology, classical physics compounded with organic chemistry, and Latin my first semester.

Second semester finance classes, accounting, business management, classical philosophy, and another Latin class.

Summer semester, more physics, biology, engineering, and chemistry.

Fall semester of second year, more finance classes, accounting, and various other business classes.

Winter term, more finance, economics, and philosophy classes.

Spring semester of second year, more finance, (I finished up multi-variable calculus while doing PSEO), economics, accounting, abstract algebra II, and philosophy.

Summer, internship at UBS (was paid 2k/month for basically helping clients with questions they may have).

Fall semester of 3rd year, finished up most of the classes that pertained to international studies which were taken out of the various classes I listed above and finished the philosophy major.

Winter term, took the last of the international studies classes.

Spring term of 3rd year, fiannce, management, analytical mechanics, and quantum mechanics (physics).

An impressive schedule, to be sure...

But I am curious - you are at Carleton, right?  I wasn't aware that Carleton had an engineering department, or a finance department, or an accounting department.  And organic chemistry first semester?  That's rather unusual.  Did they change the structure of the place recently?