Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Novus Law School  (Read 13966 times)

justanothersucker

Re: Novus Law School
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2011, 02:44:23 PM »
http://www.healthcorner.org/conditions-illnesses/alzheimers/senile-dementia/how-to-spot-senile-dementia/?tsrc=ms-dem&ppceng=msn&camp=ms-dem&kw=early%20dementia&id=3097

Anyone who works as a security guard in their golden years shouldn't be handing out advise.

yeah. Way to go there GrandMa.

You disrespect your elders. You are a bad person. Yes, I am a grandma, and my grandchildren would never disrespect their elders as you did on this forum.

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2011, 03:09:59 PM »

You disrespect your elders. You are a bad person. Yes, I am a grandma, and my grandchildren would never disrespect their elders as you did on this forum.

Disrespect?  Pot, this is kettle.  Come in, Kettle.  Hope you realize how black you are.  Over.

You are, without a doubt, the most ignorant and rude person on this board.  On this board, that's saying a lot.

justanothersucker

« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2011, 03:15:35 PM »

Disrespect?  Pot, this is kettle.  Come in, Kettle.  Hope you realize how black you are.  Over.

You are, without a doubt, the most ignorant and rude person on this board.  On this board, that's saying a lot.

HEY!!!! I work hard for that title, don't just be giving it away to the first octogenarian to have a "senior moment" around here.......... 8)

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2011, 04:04:04 PM »
Jimmy- jusatanothersucker = lawyerintraining = cooleylawstudent = :).  He is so incoherent and illogical its actually unusual. An example of the shining caliber of student at Cooley. 

Change your name again dude, I'll still be able to pick you out.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2011, 04:52:26 PM »
I am  not in my golden years, idiot.  Senior citizen is a title given to those members of this forum who have posted over a certain number of statements.
Angie

calvinexpress

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2011, 03:53:35 PM »
I am  not in my golden years, idiot.  Senior citizen is a title given to those members of this forum who have posted over a certain number of statements.

passaroa, he is talking to me. I am a senior citizen and I am a grandma. Actually, he was not talking to me, but rather he was rudely mentally attacking me while making fun of senior citizens.

The average online law school student is over the age of 45, so "justanothersucker" is rude for coming on this part of the forum (distant learning) and making fun of and harassing seniors. It is also a crime and a felony in most states to harass senior citizens.

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2011, 06:10:48 PM »
Okay.  I was not aware that you are a security guard, also.
Angie

justanothersucker

« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2011, 07:25:13 PM »
1) Lookup your laws
2) provide a link of where it is a felony to be rude to your elders.
3) I can't control your crazy. Only you can.

passaroa, he is talking to me. I am a senior citizen and I am a grandma. Actually, he was not talking to me, but rather he was rudely mentally attacking me while making fun of senior citizens.

The average online law school student is over the age of 45, so "justanothersucker" is rude for coming on this part of the forum (distant learning) and making fun of and harassing seniors. It is also a crime and a felony in most states to harass senior citizens.

Maintain FL 350

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2012, 06:20:41 PM »
I think brick and morter law school is easier. Although I have not attended one, I heard that everybody pretty much passes and they have open book tests and you do not even have to attend class for the lectures. You just have to show up for the open book tests. You can also take classes though the summer and get it over with in 2 years insted of the 4 years that online law school makes us do.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I've come across this same sentiment from other posters and had to comment. Is this a commonly held belief among DL students? Who is telling you guys this nonesense?

I can't speak for every brick and mortar grad, but that description is not even remotely close to what I experienced. Everybody at my school was a stressed out basket case (especially during 1L) when exams rolled around. I never took a single open book test during law school, and all of my exams, without exception, were demanding. My school also had a mandatory attendance policy, only three absences were permitted, and you could be marked absent for being unprepared. 

Further, everybody definitely did not pass. The academic attrition rate at my school was usually around 4-6%, but a larger percentage could fail a single class without being dismissed. Lastly, I have never heard of anyone taking extra classes and graduating in two years. Southwestern has the SCALE program which is two years long, but that's unique. I believe my school limited summer school to six credits for full-timers, nine for part-timers. 

cooley3L

« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2012, 08:45:59 PM »
I think brick and morter law school is easier. Although I have not attended one, I heard that everybody pretty much passes and they have open book tests and you do not even have to attend class for the lectures. You just have to show up for the open book tests. You can also take classes though the summer and get it over with in 2 years insted of the 4 years that online law school makes us do.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I've come across this same sentiment from other posters and had to comment. Is this a commonly held belief among DL students? Who is telling you guys this nonesense?

I can't speak for every brick and mortar grad, but that description is not even remotely close to what I experienced. Everybody at my school was a stressed out basket case (especially during 1L) when exams rolled around. I never took a single open book test during law school, and all of my exams, without exception, were demanding. My school also had a mandatory attendance policy, only three absences were permitted, and you could be marked absent for being unprepared. 

Further, everybody definitely did not pass. The academic attrition rate at my school was usually around 4-6%, but a larger percentage could fail a single class without being dismissed. Lastly, I have never heard of anyone taking extra classes and graduating in two years. Southwestern has the SCALE program which is two years long, but that's unique. I believe my school limited summer school to six credits for full-timers, nine for part-timers.
On campus is easier, for one main reason (no fxbx) even ABA grads who sit it fail it the majority of the time. That alone makes it easier.
Plus the online course load is more as a state requirment. They have the scales set up against them. Plus no curve online either. An 80% on campus in any curved 1L class is an A. Online it's a C.

And yes, many "Top" lawschools are either no exam, all open book, and a P/F grade scale.
Hard easy, coast out, for those ones.