Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Novus Law School  (Read 14904 times)

gallagheria

• View Profile
Re: Novus Law School
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010, 04:58:57 PM »
Be careful, because some states require that you have a bachelor's degree BEFORE you begin law school. So if you are enrolled in a law school while finishing an undergrad, which some states allow, you will be limited in other states--even if they take other grads from your non-ABA school. Some ABA schools even allow students to enroll before they have an undergrad, but they too warn you that this will disqualify you from many state bars, even though you are an ABA grad.

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2010, 11:12:42 PM »
I have a BA from Hunter College of CUNY, a BS from DeVry University, and an MSW from New York University School of Social Work.
Angie

truthseeker

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2011, 12:17:23 PM »
Novus University School of Law is nothing but a diploma mill run by the well known Natalie (Handy) Klucz.  This is her in the video.

http://www.novus.edu/index.html

Here is a website listing some of her past dishonest activities.  She has quite a past of deception.

http://www.chugachconsumers.org/lib/LaSalleChronology.htm

This paragraph from the General Info section of her website (http://www.novusucatalog.com/generalinfo/terms_printer.htm) states:

DEGREE GRANTING EDUCATION CORPORATION
NOVUS UNIVERSITY IS INCORPORATED UNDER THE LAWS OF THE MARSHALL ISLANDS. NOVUS UNIVERSITY IS A PRIVATE POSTSECONDARY DEGREE GRANTING EDUCATIONAL CORPORATION AND ALL DEGREES ARE GRANTED BY NOVUS UNIVERSITY OF THE MARSHALL ISLANDS ,UNDER ITS  CORPORATE CHARTER AND THE AUTHORITY OF ITS BOARD OF DIRECTORS. NOVUS UNIVERSITY/NOVUS LAW SCHOOL OFFERS INSTRUCTION ONLINE ONLY AND WEB-BASED AND NOT IN ANY COUNTRY, STATE OR POLITICAL ENTITY. NOVUS UNIVERSITY/NOVUS LAW SCHOOL IS NOT ACCREDITED BY THE AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION.

If the school was legitimate,  why the need to operate from the Marshall Islands?

She currently runs the "university" from a Mail & More in Palmdale, CA.

The address of the “campus” is listed in the Notices section of her website states:

NOTICES
Except as noted should be given to General Counsel, NOVUS UNIVERSITY/NOVUS LAW SCHOOL: 3053 Rancho Vista Blvd. Suite H #187 Palmdale CA 93551

Do a Yahoo search of Mail & More locations in Palmdale, CA..  Notice the same address of 3053 Rancho Vista Blvd. Suite H.

So her university “campus” is box #187.

Don't waste your money on this scam as it only goes to her red Mercedes and fancy vacations.  Use your money towards a legitimate Law School, not a useless piece of paper.

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2011, 08:47:17 AM »
Thank you for your input.  I have decided that since I will not have enough money to attend a real law school, I am better off focusing on the certified legal assistant exam and on honing my legal research skills by writing and submitting more articles on legal issues to bepress and to getcited.org.
Angie

justanothersucker

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2011, 08:34:44 PM »
Thank you for your input.  I have decided that since I will not have enough money to attend a real law school, I am better off focusing on the certified legal assistant exam and on honing my legal research skills by writing and submitting more articles on legal issues to bepress and to getcited.org.

I thought you posted before that you were already in an online college(other than novus) ?

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2011, 12:22:28 AM »
I am enrolled in Mid Atlantic.  But, CLA after my last name will get me hired.
Angie

justanothersucker

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2011, 07:05:43 PM »
ok. I just don't see how being a paralegal will help you find work as a lawyer.

Is the paralegal program ABA approved, is that what you are aiming for? If not, I wouldn't do it. Adding a lower ranking non aba set of letters to a resume with a JD already on it wouldn't seem to help any unless it was an ABA approved program.

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2011, 06:04:47 PM »
I am choosing to  be a paralegal first.  I can't use Mid Atlantic's JD in Florida.  It will be useful in California after I establish a reputation for superior legal knowledge here.  The ABA approves of certified legal assistants.
Angie

justanothersucker

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011, 08:38:25 PM »
ok, you do understand that SOME of the paralegal schools are actually ABA ACCREDITED  though right?
I know that the ABA reconises the right to exists of CLA's in general, but it's not the same thing. It's important to understand the difference.

As for the JD, you plan to fly to CA to take the minibar still? Otherwise the degree is useless.

I am choosing to  be a paralegal first.  I can't use Mid Atlantic's JD in Florida.  It will be useful in California after I establish a reputation for superior legal knowledge here.  The ABA approves of certified legal assistants.

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2011, 10:01:04 PM »
I already have a certificate in paralegal studies. It is from www.blackstone.edu.  That online school is DETC accredited.   That certificate has made me eligible to sit for the National Association of Legal Assistants' Certified Legal Assistant exam.  Once I pass the CLA exam, I will be eligible to apply for and become a Florida Registered Paralegal.   

I have already sat for the First Year Law Students' Exam.  I failed the test by 5 points.  I don't have enough money to fly to California again right now.  I don't have enough money to attend a real law school because I have a high student loan balance from the other three degrees I have.  The government won't lend me anymore money even though I am making small payments.  My major obstacle has been and continues to be enough money for law school; online or otherwise. 

All I really care about, though, is legal research and writing.  The only reason why I would have wanted to be an attorney was so that I could walk down the street and think:  "I'm an ATTORNEY, guys!"  I have a masters degree in social work.  If I really wanted to help people, I would have stayed in that profession.  Simply wanting to feel like you are better than anyone else is not a good reason to want to be an attorney.  So, I am going to swallow my pride, and support other people who really care about helping other people.
Angie