Law Students > Distance Education Law Schools

Novus Law School

(1/15) > >>

passaroa25:
I plan to start studying under Novus Law School in August.  Is there any new news about this school as far as quality of education is concerned?  I am unable to attend an ABA school because I have reached the limit for federal student loans.  I know that Novus is unaccredited.  Has anyone put Novus Law School on his/her resume?  How do you like the mentors?  Are you reading actual court opinions or are they summaries. 

cooleylawstudent:
Will you guys EVER tire of self advertising for that illegal scam school that isnt licensed or accredited by anyone, anywhere and can't sit the bar with and will actually get your arrested in a lot of states(like texas) if you put on your resume?

--- Quote from: passaroa25 on June 30, 2010, 02:26:52 PM ---I plan to start studying under Novus Law School in August.  Is there any new news about this school as far as quality of education is concerned?  I am unable to attend an ABA school because I have reached the limit for federal student loans.  I know that Novus is unaccredited.  Has anyone put Novus Law School on his/her resume?  How do you like the mentors?  Are you reading actual court opinions or are they summaries.

--- End quote ---

Cicero:
It is really cheap and you can apparently start the JD program without even having an AA. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by not being able to attend an ABA program because you've reached the max amount of loans. Are you able to attend this one because they have private financing or because it is so cheap? Maybe you could attend a part time program at an ABA approved LS and work. There are some fairly inexpensive PT programs. I'm thinking NCCU right off in terms of cheap & ABA approved PT, but I'm sure there are others. You may be able to find one that is relatively inexpensive and ranked. Do you want to be a practicing attorney after you graduate or is this a way to put off paying back loans until you can find employment?

cooleylawstudent:
the company posts here everynow and then(always with an account with 1 or 2 posts) and we are all supposed to pretend that it isnt spam.
They are trying to appeal to the idiots out there who wasted $100K or more on an undergrad degree(about as useful as a piece of toiletpaper) by saying how cheap they are in the hopes that you will find the money(parents, kill your spouse for the insurance, whatever) and give it to them.
They dont care if you have undergrad since they are AN ILLEGAL SCAM! They claim you can do a legal apprenticeship, but you can do that even without their help. Its that simple.

--- Quote from: Cicero on July 01, 2010, 07:52:10 PM ---It is really cheap and you can apparently start the JD program without even having an AA. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by not being able to attend an ABA program because you've reached the max amount of loans. Are you able to attend this one because they have private financing or because it is so cheap? Maybe you could attend a part time program at an ABA approved LS and work. There are some fairly inexpensive PT programs. I'm thinking NCCU right off in terms of cheap & ABA approved PT, but I'm sure there are others. You may be able to find one that is relatively inexpensive and ranked. Do you want to be a practicing attorney after you graduate or is this a way to put off paying back loans until you can find employment?

--- End quote ---

Cicero:
Oh. I haven't been around here long enough to catch that. Thank you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version