Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Help w/LSAT score/GPA  (Read 546 times)

Flip@Chimp

• View Profile
Help w/LSAT score/GPA
« on: June 28, 2010, 08:43:03 PM »
Hey,
I am new to the forum and I am not sure this is the best place to post this. I got a 147 on my LSAT, I know it is not the best, but I am not great at standardized testing. I have a 4.0 GPA, and I was thinking of applying to a school that lists its median LSAT score at 149-153. Someone told me that if you have a good GPA you can afford to be a few points (2-3) below a schools median LSAT and still get in. I guess my question is, what are my odds of actually getting into this school with two points lower than the average.

Truthfully, I was not as ready as I should have been going into this exam, so I am going to prepare further and take the October exam. I know statistically your scores are not supposed to improve by much, but I feel mine can granted the little preparation I had. Do not let this distract you from the originally question, however.

Thanks!

Cicero

• Sr. Citizen
  • UF 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Help w/LSAT score/GPA
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 09:03:08 PM »
You should check out Law School Numbers and see where people are getting in with the same or similar LSAT & GPA.

If you have the time and patience to retake the LSAT, then you should. Whether your score will go up depends on so many different factors--how much you studied the first time, how stressed you were, whether you were sick, etc. You might also look into taking a LSAT class. With your GPA, you could get into some good schools if you improve the score.