Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: T4 to T1  (Read 5770 times)

Cicero

• Sr. Citizen
  • UF 2012
    • View Profile
Re: T4 to T1
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2010, 02:30:27 PM »
"You say very large class as if it were a good thing. You reali[z]e that the opposit[e] is true don't you? The larger the number of people, the easier it is to climb to the "upper percent".  <---This is the main sentence I was responding to when I explained the math to you. Not the 1 in 10 part. The rest was left in for context and so that it was clear that I was not taking out any of your content.

"really....its easier to be 70 out of 100, then 70 out of 700.......wow...........oh wait you were saying percent not class ranking, oh yeah......try to keep up with yourself." <--- My next post was in response to this post because it didn't seem like you understood what I was saying. No, I was saying it is easier to be #70, which is rank and not percent.

Perhaps we are saying some of the same things and not realizing it and maybe our views are so different we will never agree. If you are making all of these awesome points, I'm not seeing them. The posts from you that are showing up on my screen tend to be unsolicited bullying of other posters through abusive language and badgering. If there are any real points in between those things then they are often lost because of your grammar, spelling, and incoherent sentences. However, I guess you are good at what you really seem to be trying to do on this site--frustrate other posters. You have been trying to goad me into arguing with you from the time I wrote my first post.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2010, 07:46:27 PM »
"but your honor, the other side is saying things that I don't like and speaking in a way simular to that of the average jury member.....(tossing files)..... :'( " (he,he I showed them).................. ::)

"You say very large class as if it were a good thing. You reali[z]e that the opposit[e] is true don't you? The larger the number of people, the easier it is to climb to the "upper percent".  <---This is the main sentence I was responding to when I explained the math to you. Not the 1 in 10 part. The rest was left in for context and so that it was clear that I was not taking out any of your content.

"really....its easier to be 70 out of 100, then 70 out of 700.......wow...........oh wait you were saying percent not class ranking, oh yeah......try to keep up with yourself." <--- My next post was in response to this post because it didn't seem like you understood what I was saying. No, I was saying it is easier to be #70, which is rank and not percent.

Perhaps we are saying some of the same things and not realizing it and maybe our views are so different we will never agree. If you are making all of these awesome points, I'm not seeing them. The posts from you that are showing up on my screen tend to be unsolicited bullying of other posters through abusive language and badgering. If there are any real points in between those things then they are often lost because of your grammar, spelling, and incoherent sentences. However, I guess you are good at what you really seem to be trying to do on this site--frustrate other posters. You have been trying to goad me into arguing with you from the time I wrote my first post.

brkl93

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2010, 01:57:30 AM »
blah.blah,blah,Thelo here ya go again ,,,,,,,,,,,,That is not true ............

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2010, 01:58:37 AM »
please, give details.

blah.blah,blah,Thelo here ya go again ,,,,,,,,,,,,That is not true ............

rafterfan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2010, 01:31:39 PM »
Santa Clara will probably keep you waiting until your school starts. I have no idea if that is true, but I f'ing hate that school.

hey bigs...why do you hate that school?

kjw5029

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2010, 08:59:11 PM »
I got rejected from a 90+ ranked school today...and I was top 3% in my class (ABA approved T4).  Now I'm a bit nervous... 

Cicero

• Sr. Citizen
  • UF 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2010, 09:50:30 PM »
Don't give up hope. There could be many reasons why this happened. It could be that they rejected you assuming one of the higher ranked schools would accept you or that they prefer instate and you are out-of-state. Do either of these things apply to you?: 1. criminal record or serious conduct violation, 2. currently go to a non-ABA approved law school.

kjw5029

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2010, 09:53:52 PM »
I've never even gotten a speeding ticket and my school is ABA approved....

I've heard stories of people getting in T20 schools and being rejected at schools in the 80's, but this must be rare.  I'm not saying I want to go T20 (bc I understand it's not realistic), but this has to be a bad sign....

Cicero

• Sr. Citizen
  • UF 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2010, 10:10:17 PM »
I'm not sure how rare it is for someone to be rejected by schools in the 80s/90s and be accepted by the T20. Honestly, I didn't even apply to anything above T55 because I didn't feel it was worth losing the scholarship and law review at my T-4 unless I could get into a T-1 or a nearly T-1 (also because I was able to choose 3 state schools that fit this description where I could get instate tuition if accepted). The 90+ school may assume it's your last choice and may have chosen a student the admissions committee thinks will actually attend. Otherwise, I don't know why they would be reject you.  The only other things I can think of that could cause problems would be a professor purposely giving you a bad recommendation or that your PS had a bunch of errors, and I doubt these could be true based on your rank.

Don't worry too much. You were top 3%, so you should get an acceptance letter soon from one of the schools.

Tsmdiver

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2010, 12:24:00 PM »
Did you end up negotiating with the Dean or did they increase your scholarship without you having to ask? 7K a year is a great deal if you are happy with your school, and from your posts, it sounds like you really like it there.

The school's I'm looking at are $14-16K a year, so it's not too much more considering the T increase and the many other reasons motivating me to transfer. Losing law review bothers me more than the small tuition difference.

Tsmdiver, you heard back pretty quickly. Does Emory do rolling admission for transfer applications or was there something amazing about your application, like you being #1 at your school that made them respond so quickly?

Cicero: I did hear back quickly. In fact, Emory was the last school that I applied to and the first to accept me. My acceptance came via email two weeks after my application was received. I am not sure about rolling admissions, and I was not number one. I did, however, fall in the top 10 percent, and I had three of my law profs write my letters of rec.

Although I am excited to have been accepted to Emory, I will not be attending Emory as a transfer. I was accepted to Emory, FSU and UF. For various reasons, I am leaning toward UF. Where will you be this fall?
Juris Doctor Candidate 2012
Florida State University College of Law