Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: T4 to T1  (Read 5407 times)

kjw5029

• View Profile
Re: T4 to T1
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 09:29:49 PM »
I applied both in state and out of state.  I also applied to transfer friendly schools.  I can't say they all were because I applied to a lot of schools (12).  The closest I've even gotten to a decision is Santa Clara saying my application is "in committee."  It's been that way for 9 days...  I guess some schools also don't do status checks online and I am quite far from a few.  Maybe I'm just reasoning with myself, but all I really want is one acceptance so I can leave my old school  :o

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2010, 11:20:11 PM »
Santa Clara will probably keep you waiting until your school starts. I have no idea if that is true, but I f'ing hate that school. 

Cicero

• Sr. Citizen
  • UF 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 11:37:03 PM »
kjw5029, is your current school ABA approved, waiting for approval, or neither?

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 01:39:32 AM »
You say very large class as if it were a good thing. You realise that the opposit is true don't you? The larger the number of people, the easier it is to climb to the "upper percent". To a simpelton it may appear "but there are more people to compete with" but yeah, thats my point too. The top 10% of 10 is only one guy,the top 10% of 700 would be 70. Starting to see how thats not a bragging right?

Top 2.3% of a very large class (660). With a Top 3% rank, I bet you will be getting some acceptances soon. Did you apply to schools that are transfer friendly? The other question would be, did you apply to schools that prefer in-state and where you are out-of-state (like UNC)?

Cicero

• Sr. Citizen
  • UF 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 03:50:32 AM »
"You say very large class as if it were a good thing. You reali[z]e that the opposit[e] is true don't you? The larger the number of people, the easier it is to climb to the "upper percent". To a simp[le]ton it may appear "but there are more people to compete with" but yeah, that[']s my point too. The top 10% of 10 is only one guy,the top 10% of 700 would be 70. Starting to see how that[']s not a bragging right?"

You seem to jump to a lot of conclusions about people's intentions without any factual basis from which to form your hypothesis. She did ask the question about our ranks. Perhaps I said very large class to further explain the rank. The 660 was specified to allow kjw to calculate the rank into a more specific number in case she was wanting that info since top such and such percent can be vague. By the way, it is still harder to be #70 of 700 than 70 of 100, and top 10% is still top 10% (1 in 10) no matter how you try to downplay it with larger numbers. It doesn't actually get easier to be in the top 10% the more people you have. (This statement is based math.) I may be #15, not number 1, but I'm pretty happy with it since it represents a lot of hard work on my part.

Since you are so superior to the rest of us on LSD, would you care to dazzle us all with your awesome rank?

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 12:34:05 PM »
really....its easier to be 70 out of 100, then 70 out of 700.......wow...........oh wait you were saying percent not class ranking, oh yeah......try to keep up with yourself.

"You say very large class as if it were a good thing. You reali[z]e that the opposit[e] is true don't you? The larger the number of people, the easier it is to climb to the "upper percent". To a simp[le]ton it may appear "but there are more people to compete with" but yeah, that[']s my point too. The top 10% of 10 is only one guy,the top 10% of 700 would be 70. Starting to see how that[']s not a bragging right?"

You seem to jump to a lot of conclusions about people's intentions without any factual basis from which to form your hypothesis. She did ask the question about our ranks. Perhaps I said very large class to further explain the rank. The 660 was specified to allow kjw to calculate the rank into a more specific number in case she was wanting that info since top such and such percent can be vague. By the way, it is still harder to be #70 of 700 than 70 of 100, and top 10% is still top 10% (1 in 10) no matter how you try to downplay it with larger numbers. It doesn't actually get easier to be in the top 10% the more people you have. (This statement is based math.) I may be #15, not number 1, but I'm pretty happy with it since it represents a lot of hard work on my part.

Since you are so superior to the rest of us on LSD, would you care to dazzle us all with your awesome rank?

Cicero

• Sr. Citizen
  • UF 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2010, 01:13:07 PM »
"really....it[']s easier to be 70 out of 100, th[a]n 70 out of 700.......wow...........oh wait[,] you were saying percent not class ranking, oh yeah......try to keep up with yourself."

Okay, I'll explain the math:
#70 out of 100 =  top 70%, # 70 out of 700 = top 10%, so yes it is easier to have the rank of #70 of 100 than to have the rank of #70 out of 700. The more people you add in, the harder it becomes to have a higher specific rank--the higher the percent you have to achieve.

So far so good? Okay, now let's talk about class percentages.
Percentages are based on the percentages totaling to 100. So top 10% of 10 is 1 person (1 in 10 chance), top 10% of 100 is 10 people (still 1 in 10 odds), top 10% of 1000 is 100 people (again still 1 in 10 odds). The odds of being in the top 10% are 1 in 10.

In conclusion, it is actually harder to get a specific rank (#) the more students you throw into the mix (not easier), but the percentages do not get harder or easier based on the number of students.

I really do hope you are kidding about your previous statements regarding the math involved in ranking and percents. If not, I hope you aren't going to be a contracts lawyer because you need to be able to do at least simple math in order to calculate damages.

By the way, I noticed you decided not to blow us all away with your superior rank.

This thread is for transfer students to have an outlet to anonymously shout out their excitement and relief to each other. Everything you have to do leading up to the acceptance is pretty stressful and it is nice to have an outlet to shout out Bye T-4, hello T-1 when it finally happens. It is not an area of bragging as it seems you may have assumed. Furthermore, I don't think that anyone intended it as an area for you to further spread your disdain for others and continue your attempts to start arguments. Good day, sir! I said good day.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2010, 01:42:09 PM »
yes, idiot I knew the math to begin with. Let me break it down for you
1)you were "bragging" about being in the top percent of a big class
2) I said big class, equals easier to be in top percent
3) you go off topic onto how the same number in a smaller class is a different percent
4) I explain that has nothing to do with what we were discussing
5) you return to your random rants.
6) I post this
7) you still dont get it.

"really....it[']s easier to be 70 out of 100, th[a]n 70 out of 700.......wow...........oh wait[,] you were saying percent not class ranking, oh yeah......try to keep up with yourself."

Okay, I'll explain the math:
#70 out of 100 =  top 70%, # 70 out of 700 = top 10%, so yes it is easier to have the rank of #70 of 100 than to have the rank of #70 out of 700. The more people you add in, the harder it becomes to have a higher specific rank--the higher the percent you have to achieve.

So far so good? Okay, now let's talk about class percentages.
Percentages are based on the percentages totaling to 100. So top 10% of 10 is 1 person (1 in 10 chance), top 10% of 100 is 10 people (still 1 in 10 odds), top 10% of 1000 is 100 people (again still 1 in 10 odds). The odds of being in the top 10% are 1 in 10.

In conclusion, it is actually harder to get a specific rank (#) the more students you throw into the mix (not easier), but the percentages do not get harder or easier based on the number of students.

I really do hope you are kidding about your previous statements regarding the math involved in ranking and percents. If not, I hope you aren't going to be a contracts lawyer because you need to be able to do at least simple math in order to calculate damages.

By the way, I noticed you decided not to blow us all away with your superior rank.

This thread is for transfer students to have an outlet to anonymously shout out their excitement and relief to each other. Everything you have to do leading up to the acceptance is pretty stressful and it is nice to have an outlet to shout out Bye T-4, hello T-1 when it finally happens. It is not an area of bragging as it seems you may have assumed. Furthermore, I don't think that anyone intended it as an area for you to further spread your disdain for others and continue your attempts to start arguments. Good day, sir! I said good day.

Cicero

• Sr. Citizen
  • UF 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2010, 01:58:06 PM »
As to bragging: 
Man I haven't heard from anyone yet....  all your talk is making me nervous :-) . 

Would you be kind enough to post ur general class rank?  I'm getting nervous.  I was top 3% at a T4 so I kind of hoped I would hear (at least from somewhere) by now.  Applied everywhere from low tier 2 to mid tier 1's...
Oh wait, that's right, I was answering a question someone asked me. The point of it all is that kjw basically has the  same percent and should get an acceptance soon.

Umm...the above sure doesn't sound like you get the math. I'm glad that you do get it.

I don't see anywhere in your posts where you explained that it had nothing to do with what we were discussing. In fact, you were the one that came into the conversation trying to hijack it from its purpose. My "rant" wasn't random. It was in direct response to your inability to do math and the derisive and inflammatory remarks you always post.

Whatever has jaded you so much and put this big bee up your bonnet please take it somewhere else. This is a thread for celebration.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2010, 02:05:37 PM »
Are you honestly a mental invalid enough to quote someone saying that the top ten percent of 10 is 1 guy, and claim that is wrong?

As to bragging: 
Man I haven't heard from anyone yet....  all your talk is making me nervous :-) . 

Would you be kind enough to post ur general class rank?  I'm getting nervous.  I was top 3% at a T4 so I kind of hoped I would hear (at least from somewhere) by now.  Applied everywhere from low tier 2 to mid tier 1's...
Oh wait, that's right, I was answering a question someone asked me. The point of it all is that kjw basically has the  same percent and should get an acceptance soon.

Umm...the above sure doesn't sound like you get the math. I'm glad that you do get it.

I don't see anywhere in your posts where you explained that it had nothing to do with what we were discussing. In fact, you were the one that came into the conversation trying to hijack it from its purpose. My "rant" wasn't random. It was in direct response to your inability to do math and the derisive and inflammatory remarks you always post.

Whatever has jaded you so much and put this big bee up your bonnet please take it somewhere else. This is a thread for celebration.