Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dont go to Widener Law  (Read 3000 times)

iamcardozo

• View Profile
Dont go to Widener Law
« on: June 28, 2010, 12:59:08 PM »
I learned this too late. Widener is horrible compared to other law schools. There is a reason why it is a Tier 4 school. It is expensive, has average professors, there is no campus/social life. Thank God I got out when I did. There are options though, retake the LSAT, wait, APPLY ELSEWHERE!!!!

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dont go to Widener Law
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 01:52:13 PM »
How did you get out by doing well & transferring?

tryinLawSchool

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 11:37:09 AM »
I had a nephew that worked at a law firm doing a marketing internship- the law firm was in AC- and he said that a lot of their lawyers had graduated from Widener. I have no idea the money they earned- what they did, or where they ended up in their classes, as far as rank. This is in no way an endorsement- just an FYI. I was surprised when I looked up Wide and saw the LSAT numbers they accept. So I guess- depending on how you do at a school like that- there are local ops.

bytynb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 02:23:16 PM »
...or else iamcardoza has a 2.5/145 and is trying to discourage applicants to Widener so he can get in

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 03:12:47 PM »
That is a possibility. I am always astonished by people like that it this terrible awful place it costs money, the professors were average (not even bad), and the social life is not up to par. It's terrible the worst thing ever!!! All law schools are expensive and professors at every school vary in quality and you should remember that how someone feels about a professor is subjective. I remember HATING my 1L property teacher, but a lot of people thought she was great. A professor is a personality and you are not always going to like their style that is a risk you take with education. However, as long as they teach you the basic content that is all you can ask for. The social life I don't what to say? It is law school and it is not there job to make sure you have friends. That is again to the individual I am sure some people at Widener made friends and others did not. Also as I understand Wilmington, Delaware is not exactly a cultural mecca and if you choose to go there I think common sense would tell you the social scene would not be ideal.