Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Prep Tests from before June 2007?  (Read 387 times)

BlueSunFeathers

• View Profile
Prep Tests from before June 2007?
« on: June 27, 2010, 10:56:05 PM »
In preparing can someone explain why I should take old prep tests? The format slightly changed in June 2007 and I know as a whole it hasn't changed that much but I would think taking timed tests from at the most 2007 would be MUCH more useful than taking any tests older than that. Yet I see people who say they've taken ones from the 90s.

Wouldn't it be more beneficial to take all the ones from 2007, 2008, and 2009 over 1997-1999? Those aren't ancient but still.

I would have searched for this but for some reason I can't search anything. I really wish I could because it would be much more helpful but whatever.

Morten Lund

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Prep Tests from before June 2007?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 02:58:32 AM »
A million years ago when I took the LSAT, the format had just changed, by shortening the test.  Less time, fewer questions.

I did a whole bunch of the old format tests for practice, but did them on the new, shorter time limits.  As a result, I found the new format to be at a relaxed pace, relatively speaking.

My point being that unless the very nature of the questions changed, the old tests are still valuable if you adapt them to your current situation.  Everybody is different, but I found that nothing was as helpful as endless practice tests.  Practice, practice, practice.  It would be a shame to pass on perfectly good practice exams just because they are laid out a little differently.

/cool story, bro

BlueSunFeathers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 03:37:51 AM »
Thank you Morton for that advice. I'm currently trying to decide which practice tests to start with and my initial idea was to start with the most current. But I think I will start with the older ones and work my way to now.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 12:56:38 AM »
It didn't change that much in '07.  They just added the one comparative reading comp passage, stopped allowing timers and mechanical pencils, and started allowing hi-lighters.  The old tests are still valuable.