Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 3rd Time LSAT...but  (Read 673 times)

gp123

• View Profile
3rd Time LSAT...but
« on: June 26, 2010, 08:53:24 AM »

The first test was in Sept 2006. Didn't do so hot, went back, got MBA.

The Second Test was June 2008. Took a prep test and was scoring about 6-7 points higher which would have gotten me into schools I wanted to go to (wasn't aiming for top T1), but had a monumental collapse on the LG in which I totally botched the contracts game rules, as well as the first game. This was really painful to swallow considering that this LG section happened to be my experiental section from the Sept 2006 test because I absolutely remember the cake game from the first time and reading the LG Bible about how vertical setups were less common than the horizontal ones.

So, now, with some new GI benefits and two graduate degrees in hand, Id like to go back and study and give it one more go. Still have my PS Bibles. I guess with my scores now, I could get accepted to some of the private schools in FL that I was looking at, but I promised myself I wouldn't do it unless I could remain debt free.

Anyway, my question is regarding multiple LSAT's. Would an admissions committee look at my scores and the gap in time differently, from someone who tested three times in the same cycle or the maximum three times within 2 years?

Cicero

• Sr. Citizen
  • UF 2012
    • View Profile
Re: 3rd Time LSAT...but
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 10:53:52 AM »
I'm not sure if they would look at them differently because of the gap in time, but most schools look at the highest score in determining acceptance. You could call the admissions offices where you want to apply and ask them how they'd view it.

Northwoods

• View Profile
Re: 3rd Time LSAT...but
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 02:04:02 PM »
The quick answer is yes, admissions will look at your situation differently than somebody who took the test three times in one cycle—but only if your numbers are good enough to get them to look that closely at your application in the first place.