Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Setting the Stage: Or, How to Do Law School Wrong (Part 1a)  (Read 2667 times)

cooleylawstudent

Re: Setting the Stage: Or, How to Do Law School Wrong (Part 1a)
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 10:28:08 PM »
Big Firm paterners, small firm pee-on, the size of his metaphorical private part dosn't mean jack when it comes to law school.

"I dont care if you are the guy doing the thing in question, some other guy did it in the past and is now in UFCcagefights, he'll kick your ass!"

So what?  That dosn't change jack.

Cicero

• Sr. Citizen
  • UF 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2010, 10:17:41 PM »
Thelo, could you please stop being a forum troll. LSD, as its name suggests, is a forum for discussion. Maybe you don't want to read the opinions and advice of successful members of the legal community, but there are others of us on this site that appreciate it and do want to read it. You should be able to convey your opinions without resorting to the badgering and abusive language you continuously use on this site.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 01:07:38 AM »
Yes, becuase if I DON'T point out the truth and say how it is, THAT is better.

"Your Honor, everytime I try to make my point he uses facts......." :-X

Theo, could you please stop being a forum troll. LSD, as its name suggests, is a forum for discussion. Maybe you don't want to read the opinions and advice of successful members of the legal community, but there are others of us on this site that appreciate it and do want to read it. You should be able to convey your opinions without resorting to the badgering and abusive language you continuously use on this site.

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 09:50:07 AM »

'

That's funny.  I always thought you weren't a big fan of facts.  I can't think of a single fact you've cited anywhere.
Mood: Tired but cheerful.  :)

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 07:40:44 PM »
Thats becuase you don't think. Your bellyaching is about me not letting people out of lawschool tell me what lawschool is like, vs the guy in it now. "but they are in firms now......." So? They could be the sons of god on golden charriots, that wouldn't make them in lawschool right now would it? "but I look to my left to avoid seeing what is to my right....." Yeah enjoy death in traffic.

'

That's funny.  I always thought you weren't a big fan of facts.  I can't think of a single fact you've cited anywhere.

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2010, 08:35:07 PM »
Thats becuase you don't think. Your bellyaching is about me not letting people out of lawschool tell me what lawschool is like, vs the guy in it now. "but they are in firms now......." So? They could be the sons of god on golden charriots, that wouldn't make them in lawschool right now would it? "but I look to my left to avoid seeing what is to my right....." Yeah enjoy death in traffic.

'

I bellyache?  :D

Didn't see a single fact in there, by the way.  ;)

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2010, 11:18:47 PM »
Fact: Me in lawschool
Fact: them not
(keepin' it simple for those who seem to need it that way)

'

I bellyache?  :D

Didn't see a single fact in there, by the way.  ;)

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2010, 11:33:47 PM »

How far does that get you?

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 12:04:13 AM »
It gets me to the point(and it pains me that you can't seem to grasp this) that I am in lawschool, so when someone used to be, their information is more outdated. So, when someone makes the weakass argument "but they are in a firm" that dosn't apply to lawschool at all. In fact the more accomplisments one has, the farther away from lawschool they become(unless a prof) and the less relevant their info to the actual day to day routine of a lawstudent becomes. Simple, very simple.

quote author=baby lawyer link=topic=4023676.msg5381501#msg5381501 date=1277696027]

How far does that get you?
[/quote]

Cicero

• Sr. Citizen
  • UF 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 12:59:58 AM »
Well, yes and no. Your argument assumes that the way law school is taught is very dynamic. There have been some changes, mostly in terms of technology, but the Socratic method, learning from casebooks, essay final exams comprising 100% of the grade, etc. have been in use in law schools around the country for a long time. While the writers of the books are no longer in law school and may have practiced for sometime, there is one very important fact to remember--they successfully completed law school. Therefore, they do know a thing or two about being a successful law student. While you might not agree with every bit of advice these former law students have to give, there may be some words of wisdom that you find useful.

Thelo, note that I conveyed my point without calling you names or badgering you.