Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LEGISLATION + REGULATION--supplementary materials?  (Read 2508 times)

bahbette

• View Profile
LEGISLATION + REGULATION--supplementary materials?
« on: June 23, 2010, 12:09:35 PM »
I'm assigned a Legislation and Regulation class this fall with the Manning and Stephenson casebook. Anybody taken a similar course or read this casebook? I'm trying to find supplementary materials (commercial outlines/briefs, etc.) but the book/concept is still fairly new, so there are none of the standard go-to's (i.e. Emmanuel/Nutshell/Casenotes) that deal with L & R--just legislation separately, administrative law, and various forms of regulation--so is it really the best I can do to buy supplementary materials for each (legislation and administrative law)? Any advice would be HUGELY appreciated.
Thanks!

kristttina

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: LEGISLATION + REGULATION--supplementary materials?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 09:31:07 PM »
hey! my class is using the same text. i was wondering if you had any suggestions for study aids. thanks so much for your help!

BikePilot

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - joshthebikepilot
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: LEGISLATION + REGULATION--supplementary materials?
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 10:14:23 AM »
I took the class with Manning as he was developing the materials (and took admin with the other author).  I think you'll find the case book more than sufficient.  I'd read the whole casebook, not just the assigned bits.  I doubt you'll need any other study aids (I didn't use any) and I doubt any good ones exist.  Falll 2010 was the first time the course was ever taught.  If anything, you might selectively look at outlines from an admin course.  The course was by far the most useful of my 1L year - it doesn't hurt that Manning is one of the best law teachers I've ever met  ;)
HLS 2010