Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PT 56 LG #4 Question -Five Executives  (Read 854 times)

AliLaurie

• View Profile
PT 56 LG #4 Question -Five Executives
« on: June 21, 2010, 06:01:39 PM »
Can anyone help with the Five Executives logic game from the December 2008 preptest 56? I think I've got the set up, but I'm finding the questions impossible without like 10 minutes of work on each question (basically running every scenario). I can not seem to work them out quickly at all. Some of them I'm not even sure I can follow all the way to the answer. What am I missing? I am having the most trouble with #19, 20, 21 and 23.

Thanks for any help.

Atlas LSAT Teacher

• View Profile
    • www.AtlasLSAT.com
    • Email
Re: PT 56 LG #4 Question -Five Executives
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 06:25:19 PM »
I'm happy to help - take a look at my set-up and work through #18 and then see if that helps before I go into the other ones...

Oops, forgot the link: http://www.atlaslsat.com/forums/preptest-56-december-2008-lsat-answers-explanations-lg-f19.html?sid=54254b73c872b949f4de0f1b039bfaba
Noah Teitelbaum
Atlas LSAT Teacher & Director
http://www.atlaslsat.com

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 11:28:29 PM »
Can anyone help with the Five Executives logic game from the December 2008 preptest 56? I think I've got the set up, but I'm finding the questions impossible without like 10 minutes of work on each question (basically running every scenario). I can not seem to work them out quickly at all. Some of them I'm not even sure I can follow all the way to the answer. What am I missing? I am having the most trouble with #19, 20, 21 and 23.

Thanks for any help.

If you're running every scenario, you've missed a deduction.  How are you setting it up?

AliLaurie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 11:31:58 AM »
Thanks for your responses. I'm setting it up basically like Atlas suggested. When it comes to the other problems, like #19 I feel like there are just too many scenarios that could happen. I must be missing something in terms of how to think about it.

For example #19... first of all, there are many different ways the order of the visits could be before you even consider the people. Do you have to think of the way the people could be for each and every iteration (FHM, FMH, MFH, etc)?

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 11:08:11 PM »
I don't remember there being that many scenarios for each question.  That's why I was asking.  I haven't read Atlas's thing though. 

Can you tell me what deductions you made from each clue in your setup.