Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transfer student calculating Undergraduate GPA  (Read 538 times)

John1990

• View Profile
    • Email
Transfer student calculating Undergraduate GPA
« on: June 19, 2010, 11:13:36 AM »
Hi,
I am transferring schools between my sophmore and junior year,  How will this affect my GPA for when i apply to law school?  Will they only use my gpa from the second school?  Or will they average them?  The first school is a community college, where i earned a degree.  The second school is the University at Albany.  Also, they have said thas they estimate that only 53 of of 64 credits will transfer (I dont know why).  But, does that mean that these classes wont cout toward my gpa(assuming any do).
How will law school calculate my gpa?
Thank you
-John Levine

John1990

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Transfer student calculating Undergraduate GPA
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 11:22:19 AM »
ok, i just realized they collect all transcrts and recalculate gpa's.  This sucks for me becausei  have failed 2 classes, which have been retaken and forgiven.  I hear that; these classes will now count?  Also, i heard that A+ grades will recieve a 4.33 gpa.  I have many A+ grades, but my school oy gies out A's So if you have an 100 you get an A.  How would law school find out that this is an A+?  Is the site i just found wrong?  Cause i have a lot of grades near or at around 100% which just go down as A's.  Also, many classes curve giving out higher marks than the percentage might give otherwie...
So how does law school handle these grades