Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 1 L starting school in July 2010  (Read 7890 times)

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1 L starting school in July 2010
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2011, 11:44:23 PM »
Thought so.  You got nothing.  Nice rant, though.  I'm sure everybody is convinced that you really do know of this mystical law.

IrrX

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • You find yourself in a very actionable position.
    • View Profile
    • Smith
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2011, 02:48:12 AM »
If you make an assertion, it's up to you to back it up. Don't expect others to find support for your arguments. Now play nice, or I'm going to start cleaning up in here.
Note: Insults made by me apply to everything associated with the people and ideas being insulted, except for other people.

Quote from: IamAnXMan
IRRX, it seems you enjoy provocation and antagonism.

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2011, 01:14:59 PM »
If you make an assertion, it's up to you to back it up. Don't expect others to find support for your arguments. Now play nice, or I'm going to start cleaning up in here.

Me?

IrrX

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • You find yourself in a very actionable position.
    • View Profile
    • Smith
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2011, 10:43:26 PM »
Anyone. Everyone. I don't care. I'm sick of seeing people shitposting and not having the stones to back it up.
Note: Insults made by me apply to everything associated with the people and ideas being insulted, except for other people.

Quote from: IamAnXMan
IRRX, it seems you enjoy provocation and antagonism.

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2011, 10:56:20 PM »
Anyone. Everyone. I don't care. I'm sick of seeing people shitposting and not having the stones to back it up.

So... how do you propose that I prove that a law that doesn't exist doesn't exist?

On second thought, never mind. 

calvinexpress

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2011, 02:58:11 AM »
You people are acting like a bunch of "Sovereign Citizens".  Crazy!  Hahaha. :o :o ???

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2011, 08:51:40 AM »
Can I play too?  I'll admit I haven't read the ABA law school standards in a minute, but from what I can remember:  An ABA law school may accept up to 12 credits from a non ABA state accredited school.  That does not mean they must.  No school must accept transfer credits.  Most do, only because the 1L classes are virtually the same at all schools.

That said, I do not see why any school would not: 1L classes are basic and standard.  Non ABA transfers just doesn't come up that often.  People go to state accredited schools for one of three reasons: their LSAT is too low, they want to save money or its geographical.  Its not likely that any of those things will change over the course of one semester.  Its not like transferring from one ABA school to another with 30 credits, trying to mitigate a bad LSAT score.  Your LSAT is still evaluated and the process is the same as a fresh application, rather than a transfer.

Distance law school are not even mentioned, CA is the only entity that deal with that.  The ABA does not even mention it and I suspect that only CA ABA and state accredited law school will consider transfer credits from distance schools.  The occurrence just doesn't come up enough for it to be a issue.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."