Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 1 L starting school in July 2010  (Read 7464 times)

Denny Shore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 1 L starting school in July 2010
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2010, 12:04:20 PM »
AS for interviews, I wouldn't have gotten an internship and a job offer for a high paying salary once I graduate if I was (1), stupid, (2) severely arrogant to the point of no-one liking me, and (3) bad at interviews. I can handle an HLS interview and for the record, I had a 4.0 (or all A's) since I began school and High School is no exception to that fact.

Uh-huh.  You may have gotten that job because its the same company your daddy works for/owns.
Mock-court?  Interesting.  Nothing like law school, or even like law school mock trial, but interesting.  Did you have to write an appellate brief conforming to the Supreme Court Rules as well, or is this the mock court where they do the research, help you synthesize your argument and the applicable law, then coach you on argument construction?  Spare me the BS.  Mock Court is valuable experience, but it does not compare to actual law school. 
Guess what?  I got a high paying job out of undergrad too.  I didn't have straight A's (or a rich daddy who could pull strings and get me a job).  When do you plan on graduating?  This job is guaranteed?  Maybe you should be smart and take it.  The opportunity isn't likely to present itself again and chances are, you will have a lot of personal problems in law school.  ESPECIALLY if you plan on bringing your misplaced arrogance and false wisdom with you....  As a side note, there is an enormous difference between getting a job offer by pretending to be likable, humble, and smart and keeping your job once they figure out who you really are.
As I've said many times already, you know nothing.  You have zero life experience.  Your parents have been coddling you and blowing so much smoke up your ass that you honestly believe your own BS.  You are a typical undergrad student who is awaiting his degree, albeit you claim to have extraordinary grades. 
The real world is coming at you, and hard.  Continue on your path and you are in for some serious pain.  Change your attitude.  Understand now, before it is too late, that humility is going to take you much further than arrogance.  Most importantly, stop pretending you know all about law school and intentionally misleading people as to what life is all about.  Law school is tough.  You aren't yet.  There are no guarantees in life.  The "job" offer you have could disappear and it is likely that you will be disappointed to learn that you cannot get into one of the top 3 law schools in the country because, and I know this may seem hard to believe, there is always going to be someone with a better application than you or better connections.
Reality check - grow up a little before pretending to be superior to others.  Right now, you don't hold a bachelors degree, making you less qualified to give advice to law students than pretty much everyone else on these boards.  You are currently less educated than a guy who graduated with a 2.0 average.  Remember that when giving your less than sage advice and commentary.

Swede1

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2010, 01:59:38 PM »
@sonofapickle.  Your obvious maturity level is what's the most impressive (before you pat yourself on the back, that was sarcasm). There is a HUGE distance between self confidence and arrogance. And in every one of your posts you cleared that distance easily. Once you make it obvious that you try to make yourself look good by making other people look (or at least feel) bad, then any substance you might bring to a discussion is void. 

calvinexpress

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2011, 12:27:59 AM »
Most ABA law schools do not even consider online law school work as transfer material.

Your statement is false. A law student can transfer up to 12 credits from a non ABA law school, including distance education and/or expirential learning credits.

calvinexpress

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2011, 01:26:16 AM »
Hi everyone, I will be starting @Taft law school in a few weeks , had previously attended Concord . Does anyone have any information on Taft and what to expect , your experiences at either school etc. I was wondering about the books for Taft as I will soon be needing them. Also and information on Sum & substance audio cd's you have tried Finz or other ?? Thanks

You posted this original post in June 2010. It has been a year and a half since you posted. You should of taken the baby bar by now. How is your online law studies coming along? Are you still with Taft? If not, can you share with us prospective online school students the good and the bad? Thank you.

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2011, 09:36:04 AM »
Your statement is false. A law student can transfer up to 12 credits from a non ABA law school, including distance education and/or expirential learning credits.

Actually, his statement is true.  Most ABA law schools will not accept transfer from a non-ABA law school.  This came up on another thread.  After a little scrounging, all I could find was about 3 of the lowest-ranked ABA schools in the country that would accept non-ABA credits.  Figure my search wasn't completely exhaustive, but even if there were 10 or 20, that's a very, very small percentage of all ABA law schools in the country.

calvinexpress

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2011, 04:12:58 PM »

Actually, his statement is true.  Most ABA law schools will not accept transfer from a non-ABA law school.  This came up on another thread.  After a little scrounging, all I could find was about 3 of the lowest-ranked ABA schools in the country that would accept non-ABA credits.  Figure my search wasn't completely exhaustive, but even if there were 10 or 20, that's a very, very small percentage of all ABA law schools in the country.

The statement is false. ALL ABA approved law schools legally have to accept up to 12 credits from non ABA law schools, including unaccredited online law schools. It is the law, and it is is writing.

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2011, 05:35:19 PM »
The statement is false. ALL ABA approved law schools legally have to accept up to 12 credits from non ABA law schools, including unaccredited online law schools. It is the law, and it is is writing.

Interesting.  Since it's spelled out so clearly, perhaps you could guide us to this law since conveniently, this law happens to be in writing.

I can only presume that you are referring to the ABA's standard 306, which does not say what you think it says.

I was going to go into what standard 306 says, but to be blunt, I need to remind myself of a parable about trying to teach a pig to sing.

Best of luck to you.  To anybody reading this:  do not pay any attention to Calvin.  If you try to transfer into an ABA accredited school with non-ABA accredited credits, there are very, very few schools in the country that accept them.  The best thing to do is visit the web-site of the school you are considering and check out their admissions policies.  Chances are they say something like this:

http://www.law.berkeley.edu/43.htm

Transfer Students

A law student who has completed one year at another law school may apply for transfer status to enter the second-year class at Berkeley Law if:
•Before legal study, a bachelor's degree or the equivalent was awarded by an approved college or university;
•The first-year curriculum has been completed in a full-time program at a law school that is approved by the American Bar Association;

calvinexpress

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2011, 07:11:18 PM »
This thread was hijacked by people that hate online law school students because we figured out a way to get a legal education for less and without physically attending. They are just jealous and hateful because they are over $100,000.00 in debt and most of them failed their bar.

It is true, not only can you tranfer up to 12 credits from an unaccredited law school, but you can also transfer in experiential learning credits.

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2011, 07:43:44 PM »
This thread was hijacked by people that hate online law school students because we figured out a way to get a legal education for less and without physically attending. They are just jealous and hateful because they are over $100,000.00 in debt and most of them failed their bar.

It is true, not only can you tranfer up to 12 credits from an unaccredited law school, but you can also transfer in experiential learning credits.

Waiting for you to cite the law you're talking about.

Waiting...

calvinexpress

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2011, 09:09:53 PM »

Waiting for you to cite the law you're talking about.

Waiting...

Do your own research you lazy piece of __________.
I'm not your mother, and you would make a crap lawyer if you can't find the information.
Attorney's charge for their time to do research and I'm not giving you free information.
Search it yourself. I have the knowledge, and I'm not giving it to you.
Go pay an attorney to research for you.