Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 1 L starting school in July 2010  (Read 8008 times)

ladylawyer065

• View Profile
Re: 1 L starting school in July 2010
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 12:21:06 AM »
Hey, actually I have both degree's , I told you I mean business when it comes to school. I graduated in 06 with my AA and 2008 with my Ba at Kaplan university.Then went to concord . what about you? what year are you in ?? I love debating and arguing both sides of a case,. I do ok in everything but Contracts LOL.

ladylawyer065

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 02:23:55 PM »
Thanks for the reply , for now I plan to get through 1L and pass the baby bar and go from there . My daughter would not want to move and leave all of her friends .I definately would not pack up & move , leave my job and have nothing planned ahead . Having family in Ca is fine but this is something I alone have to do and if I decided to move I would for sure have a job in place before making a move. Right now I am looking forward to beating 1L and I have been compiling MBE questions of a pattern that were wrong and studying to reasonings and frequency of such questions and what is being asked on MCQ's because obviosly there is a trick to the trick questions and it's all about how to answer MBE's and what the call of the question really is asking .How has your experirnce been so far?? any tips on MBE's

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 03:30:52 PM »
Well that is the thing I think is a benefit of going to an on-campus school there are numerous books I have access to for free that have outlines, multiple choice questions on them. Gilberts, BarBri, Q & A those questions/outlines are very helpful.

There is also something called CaliLessons which I find extremely helpful to use. They give you a detailed lesson for each sub-topic in  each subject. So for example in regards to contracts there is a whole interactive lesson regarding the statute of frauds, then parol evidence, numerous ones regarding consideration and offer/acceptance. I found those incredibly helpful and I got an A in contracts both times.

There is also a website that is free called ecasebriefs.com and you can get about 100 free multiple choice questions from it and they have pretty decent sample outlines.

I know a lot of students also signed up for BarBri and they have lots of interactive questions, but I didn't sign up for it yet.

You may already about all of that stuff, but I didn't until about halfway through first semester and they helped me tremendously.

My experience has been awesome so far and I love my school. I really think if you end up passing the California Bar there are opportunities out there it is a massive state and if you pass the bar here you will probably be able to find something somewhere regardless of where you went. There was just an article about a guy who never graduated from College let alone law school who passed the California Bar and has his own law firm.

ladylawyer065

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 06:26:16 PM »
Wow, that is awsome have you ever tried barreviewcafe.com that have multiple choice questions as well. I tried adaptabar, PMBR cd's you also might want to check out this site http://www.all4jds.com
they have awsome information but you have to be a member to view . I have learned so much from that site in the last few days than I have all year.I wish yo could locate the article I would love to read that. How do you do on MCQ's ??TTL.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 06:48:34 PM »
http://becomingalawyerwithoutlawschool.blogspot.com/ this is not the article I saw, but these are people who never went to college and are lawyers now. I somehow do very well on all multiple choice in every class particularly contracts & property. I really think Cali Lessons helped me the most and E-Case Briefs is an awesome tool to help you understand whatever case you are reading.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 10:17:54 PM »
You may not want to expect to be able to transfer to many on campus schools after takeing concord online. CBE approved may take it but not CBE accredited probally and for sure not ABA.

What area in CA would you move to with family? There may be on campus CBE approved in that area.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 12:34:45 AM »
I did just realize also since you do struggle with MC Louisiaina is the only State Bar that does not have Multiple Choice Questions on it and you might be able to advocate to the Bar to do something like the office study program and take the bar and not have to deal with Multiple Choice at all. It is just an obscure thought, but I remembered that Lousiina is the only Civil Law state and there is no Multiple Choice for that bar and if you pass it that would be awesome.

ladylawyer065

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 12:49:42 AM »
Hi , I have not thought about that part before but according to the ABA rules for louisiana you must have graduated for an ABA law school to even sit for the bar , having said that I will check to see if there may be another way like California that does Apprentice or office study ....... not holding out for that too much since there are so many other rules .If I could take the bar in Louisiana that  would be awsome because I do good  on Essays .what year are you in btw???

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 09:52:09 PM »
I am going into my second year, but I am taking evidence right now over summer. Another cool thing about California I don't know if other states do this, but if you have or are currently enrolled evidence and Civil Procedure you can make court appearances if you have a supervising attorney.  If you pass the baby bar I think you have the same right as well.  It is pretty cool that after one year of law school I get to appear in court and argue motions. They don't give me anything to crazy, but it is still pretty cool to do it after only one year of law school.

ladylawyer065

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2010, 12:40:50 AM »
That is great what school do you attend???How is evidence going. I haven't taken that yet but have experirnce with the MCQ's . Do you belong to a study group? Have you taken the FYSLX yet and if so how did you do?