Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tier 4 Law Schools  (Read 32362 times)

cooleylawstudent

Re: Tier 4 Law Schools
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2010, 12:10:54 PM »
I have plenty of friends who are cops and been to the academy myself. Its not that damn hard.

Getting hired as a a cop is quite difficult, it is a huge process that takes over a year to get through. Cops have to go through a lot and most of them are quite clean. It is a very difficult job and I respect any cop out there. At least in California it is a huge process, but they are paid quite well 80,000 starting out in San Francisco or San Jose,  maybe it is different in other states.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2010, 06:02:00 PM »
The background check polygraph portion is if you ever had any kind of social life. The physical tests were a joke and again I think California has higher standards for their police officers than most other states. 

Anyways, to get back to the original point tier 4 law schools won't ruin your life. If you have a J.D. then a law enforcement agency would be very happy to have you even if you went to a tier 4. So that is just another industry that can be considered with a law degree. 

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 06, 2010, 02:42:40 AM »
Tier 4 law schools are the bottom-barrel law schools. You'll find it quite tough to find a job attending one. I have seen students from trash Tier 4 schools working at Barnes and Noble. They blam it on the job market, I blame the trash of a school they attended. The people who say, "well, tier 4 schools aren't bad, you are still getting the same degree," well, they attend tier 4 schools so of course their comments will lack negativity; they put on a facade of self-positives. Tier 4 schools are crap, END OF.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: July 06, 2010, 09:04:53 PM »
Well why are there people from tier 4's with jobs you f'ing idiot. Take the LSAT and maybe go to just one law school class before you start talking out of your ass. There are people from Harvard that don't have jobs believe it or not.  If you are a good lawyer it will get figured out and if you are not it will get figured out no matter where you came form.

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2010, 04:09:56 PM »
Kids from tier 4 law schools have jobs working out of McDonald's, KFC, Burger King, Bargain Bin stores, cheap retail outlets, and JC Penny, so yeah, you're right they have jobs. Also, most kids from Harvard have jobs and the ones that don't are living off of either their trust fund or parents money and really don't need jobs.

Cicero

• Sr. Citizen
  • UF 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2010, 10:22:52 PM »
Sonofapickle, you dun goofed up! I back traced you and reported you to the cyber police! Seriously though, your post is pretty ridiculous (like the cyber police). Many T-3/4 grads are having trouble finding employment in the legal field, but most are not working at Chez McDo.

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2010, 11:02:32 PM »
Why do I have a paying job then? While you who goes to the 82nd best liberal arts UNDERGRAD and you have never a job in your life and yet you act like you know what you are talking about when have nto even taken the LSAT. Shut UP and stop talking out of your a**!

You're a paralegal (operative word, paralegal). That is not much of a job and I could earn 3x much more after I finally graduate in the fall. Also, Carleton College is the 8th best liberal arts college in the country not the 82nd best.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/northfield-mn/carleton-college-2340

I don't need a menial job as it won't even teach me a thing I need in life. Holding down some idiotic position as a manager at a retail outlet or some other job is not for me. That is the main reason why your prospects are so low as you held some common job and was bombarded by the views of the proletariat. I now have a 4.0 GPA and all I need is a 180 (a given as I studied as much as I needed to for the LSAT) and I can go to Harvard, Yale, or even Princeton if I want to. The only people who defend tier 4 schools are those who attend them.

marcus-aurelius

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2010, 08:22:51 AM »
Why do I have a paying job then? While you who goes to the 82nd best liberal arts UNDERGRAD and you have never a job in your life and yet you act like you know what you are talking about when have nto even taken the LSAT. Shut UP and stop talking out of your a**!

You're a paralegal (operative word, paralegal). That is not much of a job and I could earn 3x much more after I finally graduate in the fall. Also, Carleton College is the 8th best liberal arts college in the country not the 82nd best.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/northfield-mn/carleton-college-2340

I don't need a menial job as it won't even teach me a thing I need in life. Holding down some idiotic position as a manager at a retail outlet or some other job is not for me. That is the main reason why your prospects are so low as you held some common job and was bombarded by the views of the proletariat. I now have a 4.0 GPA and all I need is a 180 (a given as I studied as much as I needed to for the LSAT) and I can go to Harvard, Yale, or even Princeton if I want to. The only people who defend tier 4 schools are those who attend them.

Good luck getting into Princeton Law.  I'm willing to bet you don't.

SASS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2010, 10:26:18 AM »

Good luck getting into Princeton Law.  I'm willing to bet you don't.

LOL!! That is really funny.  This is why some people discredit people who warn about T4's. They can't tell the snobs apart from the truth.  If you don't know what you are talking about, which is evident from the fact you think you can get into Princeton Law, why are you giving advice? 

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2010, 01:03:35 PM »
It was a mistake on my part to say Princeton. That does not change the fact that I could get into just about any Ivy league school out there with my stats.

@bigs: I have never held a job, so what? I still have more money. Have you heard of commodity trading and investments? I make more money off of dividends than anyone working in retail and fast food restaurants, not to mention, I make more money off of stock trading.