Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tier 2 school employment prospects outside of region  (Read 2354 times)

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Tier 2 school employment prospects outside of region
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 09:10:49 PM »
I am generally writing from an I-Phone so that plays a part in my sloppy writing. 

I was not aware of that.  I'll make sure to cut you more slack for it.
Mood: Tired but cheerful.  :)

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 10:14:19 PM »
who cares if he spelled like forest Gump or Gomer Pile? Its not graded on your finals, hell you don't even have to know any basic math skills.
"But, prof....I know latin and came in first in my highschool spellingB......" :'(

I am generally writing from an I-Phone so that plays a part in my sloppy writing. 

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 10:59:05 PM »
Well spelling might not matter on the finals or the bar, but when your drafting a motion and there are a million typos it is probably not going to impress the judge. The judge is not somebody you want on your bad side.

I appreciate the sympathies from baby lawyer.  I basically come on this site to kill time on the the train and that is the reason for the excessive I-phone use and typos.

In regards to the OP's going to a tier 2 or the majority of law schools will not open that many doors outside of the region the school is located in. Even if you got a job across country as a 1L or 2L if you have no base there it will be hard to do the internship since it is unlikely as a 1L or even 2L intern you will ever make more than $20 an hour and how you will afford finding a new place, getting out of your lease blah blah going across country??? If you are independently wealthy or have family in the area otherwise it is probably not going to work out.

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 07:41:49 PM »
who cares if he spelled like forest Gump or Gomer Pile? Its not graded on your finals, hell you don't even have to know any basic math skills.
"But, prof....I know latin and came in first in my highschool spellingB......" :'(

So what you're saying is that you don't care about doing a good job or doing things right so long as you can get away with it.  Got it.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 09:56:44 PM »
Retard, Its an online forum. Plus meet the standard as is, if your a big of enough idiot to apply makeup before running in a marathon to deserve to look like frankenstein by the end of it, different goals for a marathon than getting yourself a man huh? Same idea here. Test vs Real life.

Plus, 1) spellcheck at work 2)Pee-on *&^% like that is for paralegals and legal secretaries. Let the beasts of burden do their jobs and get on with your life.

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 11:42:13 PM »
Retard, Its an online forum.

Note what I said about it being habit-forming.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2010, 12:51:32 AM »
so is masterbaiting, but you don't plan to do that in a board meeting do you? :o

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 05:15:57 AM »
so is masterbaiting, but you don't plan to do that in a board meeting do you? :o

All that is needed for bad writing is carelessness and inattention.  If that's all it takes for you to start masturbating in public, you may have more serious problems than your writing.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2010, 10:24:49 PM »
fine, smoking rocks then.

All that is needed for bad writing is carelessness and inattention.  If that's all it takes for you to start masturbating in public, you may have more serious problems than your writing.