Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Good study schedule w/full-time work  (Read 931 times)

vintagelaw

• View Profile
Good study schedule w/full-time work
« on: June 09, 2010, 12:53:37 AM »
I have started reviewing for the October test but so far it's been all surface review - nothing down and dirty.  I feel I need to get a firmer study schedule down and don't want to fritter June away being unfocused.  Does anyone have a suggested study schedule?  Other than work (9-5 M-F), my time is pretty much my own.  One 18 year old at home who is very independent.  So far I've just been using books I could grab from the public library but my Powerscore Bibles and pretests should be arriving shortly.  Took the test 15 years ago without any prep and managed a 152 and considering I was working full-time, going to school part-time and was a single parent to 2 young kids at the time, I probably shouldn't complain about it.  Hopefully not too many brain cells have been lost in the intervening years. 

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
Re: Good study schedule w/full-time work
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 08:56:54 PM »
One of the biggest mistakes you can make in prepping is to mix methods.  If you're looking at a variety of books from different companies, stop now.  Pick one.  If it's PowerScore Bibles, that's fine, but then don't go next week and pick up Nova or something.  If you decide to get a tutor, make sure he/she teaches the method you've been working on.  (Better yet, start with finding a rockstar tutor and use the materials he/she recommends).

vintagelaw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 01:25:38 AM »
Thanks.  I think that's solid advice.  I am already finding different approaches and it's confusing me.  I'll stick with Powerscore.  Unfortunately, I can't afford a tutor or a course.  I do have a "go to", however.  My son's friend is starting Harvard this fall and I'm thinking that with his 179 score, he might have a few pointers.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 10:04:33 PM »
Unfortunately, I can't afford a tutor or a course. 

How can you afford law school?