Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Proctored exams?  (Read 359 times)

ilana

• View Profile
Proctored exams?
« on: June 08, 2010, 09:57:06 PM »
I took the LSAT last September and scored 10 points lower than my preptests because I did not realize how freaked out I would get by being in the actual testing room. I am not interested in paying for a class, since I definitely felt prepared and plan on self-studying again. Has anyone had any experience with paying a test-prep company or tutor in the NJ/NYC area to just take their proctored exams that they give to their students? I have heard about just taking a diagnostic as a "free trial" but I am looking for something more regular.

chi2009

• View Profile
Re: Proctored exams?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 01:00:59 PM »
Everyone scores higher on their PT than the actual exam.  I had a similar experience, and I also self-studied.  I thought it was a racket to pay hundreds of dollars just to take an exam.  In all honestly, I now wish I had.  No doubt I would have scored higher if I had taken a prep class, and then I would have gotten more scholarships and would have been accepted at better schools.  Yeah, your personal statement and recommendations are considered - but not nearly as much as your GPA and LSAT.  I think that, given the amount of debt you're going to incur to get your JD, a few hundred extra dollars to get a high LSAT score is worth it.