Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Application Questions  (Read 359 times)

Big4ToLaw

• View Profile
    • Email
Application Questions
« on: June 08, 2010, 09:41:48 PM »
Good Evening,

I have started my application process, and I have a few questions if any of you have a few moments.

1. I sent my transcripts to the LSAC, and I had a GPA of 3.4 for undergrad. In looking at the lawout of the summary, I had a trend in the last two years 3.7 and 3.9 respectively. In looking at many of the posts, my GPA doesn't appear to be all that strong, but would an addendum or bringing this up in my personal statement as to maybe the cause of the lower GPA in the first few years (working full time, helping support family, etc)? Or is a GPA simply what it is, and no need to dwell on it and not make excuses? Also, does a masters degree add more value, or are they fairly common now?

2. By the time I apply, I will have almost 5 years in Big 4 Public Accounting. Is this a selling point to the adcomms in a personal statement / resume in my file, or should I frame my application around a different topic? Maybe more on why I want to go to law school, etc?

I think that is it for now. I appreciate your time!

Scroll

• View Profile
Re: Application Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 11:32:59 PM »
The upward trend in your GPA will help, definitely add a paragraph or two for your addenda regarding early difficulties. Not as sure about master's degrees though.

What is Big 4 Public Accounting? O_o

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Application Questions
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 12:51:31 AM »
Schools care about your LSAT/GPA and if your an URM that is about it.