Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How to negotiate for more scholarship money with the threat of transfer?  (Read 1711 times)

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
I just got my second semester grades and I did pretty well with a 3.4. My ranking has not come out yet but I imagine I am around the top 15%. I really don't have much of a desire to leave GGU, but I would like to threaten that I would transfer possibly to Hastings or Santa Clara to get more scholarship money from GGU. Has anyone ever negotiated for more scholarship money from their school and if so how did they do it and how did it turn out?

isedso

• View Profile
From everything i have read, it does not seem like top 15% @ GGU would get you a seat at either SCU or Hastings, and GGU faculty would certainly realize your lack of leverage on this point. Anyone else have thoughts?

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
I have known people in the top 20% of GGU that transferred to those schools so it is a define possibility, but everyone who did that regrets it as a result of losing out on scholarship money, which a lot of people who did not have scholarships coming in got if they were in the top 20%.  I already had a solid scholarship coming in and they just sent me a notice saying I retained my scholarhip, but I would like it to be more.

If anyone has ever negotiated to hear how they did it.