Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: WHEW! So how do you feel about today's test, June LSAT takers?  (Read 1186 times)

legalized

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Without discussing answers of course.

I am relieved, actually, to have one official LSAT at least done and on its way to the record books... even if it turns out I don't like the score and decide to retake, at least a score is going to be there.  It's no longer an incomplete part of the application and I can focus my energies on other things.  Like the personal statement!

What's the next step in the process for you?

jxf8600

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: WHEW! So how do you feel about today's test, June LSAT takers?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 10:27:41 PM »
it was horriable, first of all the location was at a secluded campus in the country which the light in the test room was flickering do to malfuction, but the test was a killer but ok . I think that it shoould be 45min instead of 35!!!

dutchtowner

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 11:13:49 PM »

thought it was pretty tough, esp. my RC section; might as well been reading Greek!

Time crunch was the worst part for me.

Cubanito

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 09:40:03 AM »
Yep, the time was definitely the biggest obstacle. I thought the arguments seemed somewhat easier than I anticipated--I hope that is a good sign. I had two reading comprehension sections. I think I did GREAT on one and felt rushed and exhausted on the other since it was at the end of the exam. The logic games were a little harder than I was expecting but feel confident with the questions I attempted. All in all, I think I did well but can't really remember much about it other than I felt a tremendous  feeling of relief when it was all over with.

Good luck everyone!

Crookiz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 12:12:34 PM »
I have to say that I felt nervous at first but once the proctor said to start all of that nervousness left and I became focused. I took the test at the University of Richmond. The testing environment there is perfect, great temperature, comfortable chairs, ample space,lighting, and actual table to sit at. I think the environment helped create the calmness that I felt about the testing itself. I was surprised at how unprepared some people were. There were some who came in late complaining about parking, one guy had to ask the proctors for a pencil because he only had a mechanical and someone asked the proctors when we would get our scores. I was just shocked that you could take a test like that and not know those things. Those who were late complained about the lack of parking but since I obsessed over details I visited the site the day before since I wasn't familiar with the area and I got a pass from campus police to park anywhere. Basically my advice to any reading this is to be prepared it will help you stay calm. Now my next step is to beg for LOR's.

legalized

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 01:02:04 AM »
Yep, the time was definitely the biggest obstacle. I thought the arguments seemed somewhat easier than I anticipated--I hope that is a good sign. I had two reading comprehension sections. I think I did GREAT on one and felt rushed and exhausted on the other since it was at the end of the exam. The logic games were a little harder than I was expecting but feel confident with the questions I attempted. All in all, I think I did well but can't really remember much about it other than I felt a tremendous  feeling of relief when it was all over with.

Good luck everyone!

ROFL I distinctly remember that same overwhelming feeling of relief to actually be done with it...heck I STILL feel that way 2 days later! lol

I do normally have a problem staying awake for lengthy standardized tests...so I made sure not to get used to caffeine so I could caffeine up for the test.  And it worked. With a Starbucks Doubleshot (the BIG can) before the test and most of another on on the break, I felt like a GI JOE through the whole thing!  Into the next morning...was not sleepy for the LONGEST time. lol.
@ unpreparedness of others, aside from the guy next to me needing to use my sharpener I didn't really sense that.  I was considered late because I misjudged the amount of time it would take for the everlasting long line for fingerprinting to dwindle down...so even though I was there on time, I sat in a nearby room to warm my brain up with a logic game, and ended up walking in during preliminary instructions.  I would have killed myself if I got there on time and ended up kicked out because I sat in a nearby room too long! smh Close call.

I do know Murphy's Law loves to act up in times like this so I left for the site 1 hour before I was to be there (it was a 20 minute trip).  Sure enough, I got off one exit too early and instead of re-routing me, my GPS for some WEIRD reason decided to try and send me back HOME and i had not TOUCHED it!  It was only when I started seeing signs for the highway that goes to my place that I realized it was wrong.  Turned back around, and was definitely glad that I had started out giving myself 3 times the amount of time I needed to get there, because had I given myself even just 15 minutes extra, I might have missed it. My gps never did that before that was quite scary.

arcin220

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 10:33:01 PM »
Okay, there were only two things that went "wrong" first was the fact that I got two AR sections and those are not my strong suite and second, because I was so worried about the answers on the RC section (which is my strongest section) I ran out of time and had to guess on the last few questions.  Those things aside I feel pretty good about it, we had full tables and wonderful air conditioning.  No distractions.  From the moment that we started I was focused like I had never been focused before.  It was pretty amazing actually considering I have ADHD.  As I like to say everything that could go right did and everything that could have gone wrong didn't so all in all it was a pretty great experience.  BTW, I took it at University of San Diego which is a VERY nice campus.  I hope I got the scores because I really want to go there if I can't get into Stanford.