Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Black female 2.78 GPA 168 lsat... my odds?  (Read 3541 times)

cooleylawstudent

Re: Black female 2.78 GPA 168 lsat... my odds?
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 01:57:49 AM »
about as free as your whiteboy selfs amount of free time. Let the people that this board applies to discuss it.

GET LOST DUMMY.........How free is that

brkl93

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 02:01:07 AM »
Lets not get into name calling I suspect you are not white .You are a racist . what did white people ever do to you.?????? your ignorant and it shows in your post .......

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2010, 02:02:32 AM »
no duh, I'm "not white"(and remind me why you say it as if its a bad thing to be so) thus the reason why I am posting on the black peoples discussion. You mention "butting in" where you are not invited as a bad thing. So why are you doing so clearly that here?

Lets not get into name calling I suspect you are not white .You are a racist . what did white people ever do to you.?????? your ignorant and it shows in your post .......

brkl93

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 02:06:01 AM »
I will not apologise for my being white , . That wasn't the point it's your butting in .........I don't care what color you are if your wrong , so be it.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 02:08:42 AM »
How was I butting in, by discussing something in the area reserved for my people? What, we can't even use the area on this board setup for us without harasment and racists following us around? When one of us asks for advice, we give it. Its what we do to counteract the racists like you who want to hold us down. Go back to your sweater vest and white hooded nightrides.

I will not apologise for my being white , . That wasn't the point it's your butting in .........I don't care what color you are if your wrong , so be it.

Cicero

• Sr. Citizen
  • UF 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2010, 02:29:47 AM »
Just playing devil's advocate here (not wanting to enter into the "race" war posted above):

You say "area reserved for your people." Well, why isn't there also a section for Asians--maybe split into different threads like Indian, Japanese, etc., Hispanics, Caucasians, Native Americans, etc? Why only African Americans? If there was a Caucasian section, would others say it was racist? If the answer to the previous question is yes, then wouldn't it be racist to have a section reserved for African Americans?

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 02:46:25 AM »
ok, well stated(I dont mind reasonable discussion, just racists who follow me writting jibberish) it was written by a black person asking a question about how being black will effect them is why I say what I said. That being said, the "minority student"(URM) section, yes would include all nonwhite races. As for a "caucasion section" that is the precious T1's who look down on "lower" T schools with higher minority rates. The higher T's only care about meeting a few quotas to have "just enough" and then keep whitewash the rest.

Just playing devil's advocate here (not wanting to enter into the "race" war posted above):

You say "area reserved for your people." Well, why isn't there also a section for Asians--maybe split into different threads like Indian, Japanese, etc., Hispanics, Caucasians, Native Americans, etc? Why only African Americans? If there was a Caucasian section, would others say it was racist? If the answer to the previous question is yes, then wouldn't it be racist to have a section reserved for African Americans?

lawboy81

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 10:31:45 AM »
Whether she should get a bump for being URM is a different question from whether she will, and the answer to whether she will is YES.

Ironically however, OP may not place well in state schools that emphasize GPA over LSAT as a backdoor way of affirmative action (Berkely, UCLA, UNC).

But OP has a good shot at Duke, GTown, USC, Wash U., Emory, BC, BU, Wisconisn...

And let's all admit it -- whether or not we approve of affirmative action, we'd all take whatever advantages we can get when applying to law school.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 11:04:17 AM »
well said.
Whether she should get a bump for being URM is a different question from whether she will, and the answer to whether she will is YES.

Ironically however, OP may not place well in state schools that emphasize GPA over LSAT as a backdoor way of affirmative action (Berkely, UCLA, UNC).

But OP has a good shot at Duke, GTown, USC, Wash U., Emory, BC, BU, Wisconisn...

And let's all admit it -- whether or not we approve of affirmative action, we'd all take whatever advantages we can get when applying to law school.

Sheshe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2010, 03:10:29 AM »
I think it's so ridiculous the way that non-minorities act like affirmative action is ruining their lives. Like the OP, I'm the first person in my family to go to college.  Prior to my humble existence upon this earth, my family members were busy being oppressed by the masses. Unfortunately, they were seldom able to reap any of the social, economic, and academic benefits afforded more easily to caucasians.  Like it or not, this had some affect on my life.  Had I'd come from a long line of  people who had the opportunity to take advantage of such benefits, my family could have probably afforded to help me pay for college.  Instead I had no choice, but to work full-time (sometimes at multiple jobs), in turn sacraficing a more desirable GPA.  So I don't feel like getting a slight "bump" is a horrible thing. Yeah, yeah, yeah I know that there are poor white folks workin in college too. . .  ;)

*Officially off of my soap box now*

Good Luck OP!!!
A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.

~Thomas Jefferson~