Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What is the 2L Timeline?  (Read 2022 times)

clde

• View Profile
What is the 2L Timeline?
« on: June 05, 2010, 05:07:43 PM »
For the 1L year there's this nice timeline telling you when to apply with who and how....but what about 2L year?
Should we start now? I know OCI's are in August but what about the other opportunities: the firms that dont come to your campus, the clerkships, the internships? Is there a good time to apply to these? 8)

BikePilot

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - joshthebikepilot
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What is the 2L Timeline?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 09:02:23 AM »
In my 1L year firm networking events started the day after the ABA-mandated date where firms can start talking to students (Nov 1st?  I don't remember for sure), then was in full-swing by winter/spring semester.  Before students left for the summer they'd pretty much figured out which firms etc they were interested in.  Big firms higher earlier than most other legal employers (as far as I'm aware).  Sometime during the summer bids were submitted for the OCI program then during September we actually did OCI (though now its in August I think).  As far as I'm aware there isn't a set time table for non-biglaw jobs, though most will be later in the fall semester or very early in the spring semester.  Check with the specific entities that interest you. Judges typically start shopping for interns late the in the fall semester or over winter break.
HLS 2010