Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official LSAT Handbook by LSAC  (Read 2003 times)

excidy

• Where there is a will, there is a way!
    • MSN Messenger - tiratsuyan@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Me on MYSPACES
The Official LSAT Handbook by LSAC
« on: June 04, 2010, 02:13:44 PM »
Has anybody looked into this book?

I saw it on LSAC's website, and I am curious about the length and the content quality.

What are your ideas?

http://www.amazon.com/Official-Handbook-School-Admission-Council/dp/0982148755/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1275674931&sr=8-2

Jeffort

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT Tutor
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Discussion - Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question Type Finder Utility
    • Email
Re: The Official LSAT Handbook by LSAC
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 06:23:47 PM »
Has anybody looked into this book?

I saw it on LSAC's website, and I am curious about the length and the content quality.

What are your ideas?

http://www.amazon.com/Official-Handbook-School-Admission-Council/dp/0982148755/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1275674931&sr=8-2

This is a new book and I don't think the first copies have begun shipping yet.  The publication date is listed as June 21, 2010.  For $10 (direct from LSAC) I'm sure it wont hurt since it is written by LSAC.  According to the description, it contains recycled content that is also contained in the LSAC SuperPrep, plus some expansion on that stuff.  It is 200 pages, whereas the SuperPrep is 400 pages, so I wouldn't expect anything brand new or super groundbreaking. 

I would guess that since it's called the LSAT Handbook, that it has all the registration and test rules and regulations stuff, FAQ's, stuff about LSDAS, the application process and LSAC online application stuff, etc.  all put together in one handy reference book along with a test, explanations for it, and a basic overview of the section and question types.   

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
Re: The Official LSAT Handbook by LSAC
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 01:33:06 PM »