Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 7 years of undergrad and my UGPA concerns.  (Read 1137 times)

excidy

• Where there is a will, there is a way!
    • MSN Messenger - tiratsuyan@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Me on MYSPACES
7 years of undergrad and my UGPA concerns.
« on: June 03, 2010, 09:31:58 PM »
I am finally finishing up my bachelors after 7 years of attending multiple universities and switching three majors.

I messed up on many of my classes (failed, incomplete, low grades) on beginning three years.
After that I have received straight As in all of my classes ever since.

I have a high likelyhood of getting a 170+ on my LSAT.

My intent is to get into an Ivy League school, but I am worried that if LSAC averages the GPAs from all schools that I have attended, my current 3.9 GPA will fall way too low.

What are your ideas on this?

cooleylawstudent

Re: 7 years of undergrad and my UGPA concerns.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 11:50:37 PM »
when will people stop guessing what their lsat will be? Take the test. Apply to your top picks and a few safety just to be safe.

They do view your cumulative GPA(all schools combined) but they dont care if it took 4 years, 7 or even 12. Just what the GPA and LSAT come to.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 7 years of undergrad and my UGPA concerns.
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 01:51:27 AM »
Yea they average it all together and you have to disclose it all. If the bar finds out you neglected to mention some classes you failed at a different university I imagine it will not be good.  If your still in undergrad take some b.s. class like frisbee golf or weight lifting and rack up some free A's to boost your G.P.A. as Numitor said you can't guess what you will get on your LSAT until you actually take it.