Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LOANS: Your debt load? Normal debt load?  (Read 2263 times)

mac n cheese

• the top feels so much better than the bottom
    • View Profile
Re: LOANS: Your debt load? Normal debt load?
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2010, 03:18:31 PM »
Good stuff! From a psychological perspective, once we have deemed something to be great we tend to overlook its not so great effects.  Its kind of like having selective memory. As far as the price - increased demand = increased price.  The price won't decline until a law degree is somehow cheapened in the eyes of the market which will never happen because people attracted by the profession just don't like to appear cheap ( at least not until the student loans hit....) What can I say, I'm in the same boat. I know it will cost, I know I'll have regrets when its time to pay the bill, but i'm gonna do it any way for a few reasons:
1) I want to help people with their legal issues. I know it sounds generic and cheesy but I want to facilitate Justice because it will make me feel whole! As you know, people do some really crooked stuff to other people. I know what your thinking: "be a cop". Negative, its not my style.

2) Law is fascinating - I will truly get off on knowing the rules, how they've come about, and how they affect order. I will take a great sense of pride in educating my clients and helping them.

3) I love to read, write, and analyze, searching for the answer. It's like a game and so sweet when you win. I could do it everyday with pleasure so therefore, my work won't be like work at all. (completely justifies the cost of tuition because how many people can honestly say they love their work)

4) I don't want to regret not getting a law degree.
Truthfully,

MaCNCheese

maCNCheese