Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT Error!  (Read 3439 times)

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
Re: LSAT Error!
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2010, 11:21:43 PM »
A. That isn't  accurate, my questions read more like, e.g., "if Anna flies in plane 4 and Dave flies in plane 2, which of the following..." B. Even if that were the case, putting the word "is" in all-caps doesn't change the fact that it is absolutely possible and not in any way a stretch to say Anna IS on plane 4 and she IS on plane 3 during the airshow.

Grammar fail.  The prompt says that these people "are all aboard planes."  ARE is present tense.  At this point in time--right now--they are all aboard planes.  You can't say she IS on this plane and IS on that plane.  Perhaps she IS on one plane and WILL BE on another, or she WAS on this plane and WAS at another time on that plane, but she'd be pretty talented if she could be aboard more than one plane at present.

Just as you might say "B IS in the Customer Relations course and IS in the Marketing course during the business seminar." Or more similarly to our game "B TAKES the Customer Relations course and the Marketing course during the business seminar."

Being enrolled in a course is not analogous to flying a plane.  DUCY?

You seem to have a need to finish your posts with some meaningless "commonsense."

Perhaps if you exercised some commonsense we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Neither "putting game pieces in their respective slots" or "what blocks fit in what holes" have any relevance to the game we're discussing or to most LSAT games for that matter. Games where the variables can fill more than one position in the same game aren't rare or "complex hypotheticals" nor do they require the "Blue Angels to show up" they are actually a pretty basic game type. You seem to be prepared only to deal with the most basic of game types which call for placing an even amount of variables in an even amount of positions 1 variable per position.  The actual LSAT has far more complex games and if it's too much for you than maybe the LSAT isn't for you, but in any case you definitely shouldn't be offering advice on how to prepare.

You're the one who spent 7 minutes trying to figure out which rule you were missing.  Do games get more complex?  Yes.  Are you ever going to be any good at them if you can't figure out the basics?  No.  So maybe you should spend more time learning and less time arguing with people who have already mastered the test.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2010, 09:21:41 AM »
not try confuse these people with common sense.  it only conflict with their high school training.

FatUncle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2010, 10:21:03 AM »
I haven't posted here in a very long time.  But as soon as I saw this thread I recognized the OP's name.  He made a thread like this about two years ago where we argued over whether there was an error in the LSAT (http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/studying-for-the-lsat/lsat-no-31-%28june-2000%29-sec-3-question-3/msg5145965/#msg5145965).  Given the low post count, it seems like he only stops by to claim that he found a mistake in the test. 

I guess if you study the LSAT for two years and still fail to grasp basic concepts you have to either accept failure or blame the test makers. 

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2010, 09:45:45 PM »
you not joking.