Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT Error!  (Read 3490 times)

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: LSAT Error!
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2010, 01:18:08 PM »
julie just telling you how avoid making errors interpretation.  if prefer get wrong answers, have at it.  if want get credited response, then do what julie telling you.  julie not really care if you make it law school, as your personality seem better suited writing parking tickets.

you confusing "respect" for lsat with competence in taking lsat.  no one arguing test language sometimes arguably ambitious.  what you being told is how resolve such ambiguities--on analytical reasoning, anyway.

julie not interested discussing why particular answer on particular problem right;  hold your own male private part. 

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2010, 01:18:50 PM »
you welcome.

aeaizenman

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2010, 03:11:33 PM »
I see Julie is having trouble following the thread. Let me remind you Julie...
when one interpretation of rules lead nowhere and simpler interpretation lead somewhere, choice obvious.
I believe your point is a practical one. You aren't attempting so much as to justify the game rather you are dispensing practical advice for success on the exam. On that I will obviously agree with you, if I was solving this game on my graded test, I would hope I realize as early as possible that given the provided rule set the game is impossible and apply the additional rule on my own to solve the game.
Now, before the test, I seek to improve my test taking abilities by understanding why the correct answers are correct. In this instance it required understanding why it seems, in this game, that  the pilots and co-pilots can only fly in one plane each. So, after trying on my own, I turned to LSD for some suggestions and all I seem to get is Julie's incessant insistence that one should just solve the game in the manner that gets the most credited answers! Well, thank you for that Julie. Now may we please move on to figuring out what's the best way to determine how to solve a game when one doesn't have an answer key in front of them? Please?

P.S. I don't know if you are familiar with the phenomenon, but often times the test makers include possible answer choices that follow an incorrect interpretation of the rules. So it is possible to make a mistake in applying the rules and still have 'correct' options in each question. Therefore, it's important to understand the rules independently of the answer key and answer choices Julie, ok?

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2010, 05:16:15 PM »
Julie is just some dude goofing off, not a real person. Dont feed the trolls man.

when one interpretation of rules lead nowhere and simpler interpretation lead somewhere, choice obvious.
I believe your point is a practical one. You aren't attempting so much as to justify the game rather you are dispensing practical advice for success on the exam. On that I will obviously agree with you, if I was solving this game on my graded test, I would hope I realize as early as possible that given the provided rule set the game is impossible and apply the additional rule on my own to solve the game.
Now, before the test, I seek to improve my test taking abilities by understanding why the correct answers are correct. In this instance it required understanding why it seems, in this game, that  the pilots and co-pilots can only fly in one plane each. So, after trying on my own, I turned to LSD for some suggestions and all I seem to get is Julie's incessant insistence that one should just solve the game in the manner that gets the most credited answers! Well, thank you for that Julie. Now may we please move on to figuring out what's the best way to determine how to solve a game when one doesn't have an answer key in front of them? Please?

P.S. I don't know if you are familiar with the phenomenon, but often times the test makers include possible answer choices that follow an incorrect interpretation of the rules. So it is possible to make a mistake in applying the rules and still have 'correct' options in each question. Therefore, it's important to understand the rules independently of the answer key and answer choices Julie, ok?

Lawquacious

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2010, 11:42:14 PM »
I remember this game: I found it difficult. It seemed the explanation of the rules was not very clear and perhaps ambiguous. I haven't carefully re-reviewed or reconsidered it though. You could probably contact LSAC and get feedback (they have a department for challenges to LSAT questions, but I'm not sure if they will address previous tests).

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2010, 03:39:19 PM »

some people can be helped more than others.

you poor thing.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2010, 03:40:04 PM »
Julie is just some dude goofing off, not a real person. Dont feed the trolls man.

and if you not dug turd, how we know?

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2010, 03:40:44 PM »
I remember this game: I found it difficult. It seemed the explanation of the rules was not very clear and perhaps ambiguous. I haven't carefully re-reviewed or reconsidered it though. You could probably contact LSAC and get feedback (they have a department for challenges to LSAT questions, but I'm not sure if they will address previous tests).

yes, do that.  and be sure talk down to them.

legalized

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2010, 09:35:55 PM »
I hope you resolved this before today's test, but FYI, whenever it seems like no answer is right or all answers are right, start back from scratch because the bottom line rule in every section is ONE answer is RIGHT and FOUR answers are WRONG.  Two might be good fits with what the question is asking, but one of them is a better fit than the other and therefore one is right and the other is wrong.

That keeps it simple because there are no two answers to any question on these tests.

You should have the answer key to the question you are asking about anyway, go look at the right answer according to the LSAC and then think what situation makes that the right answer.  I am not so good with the reverse analysis but once I get it wrong I know however I was thinking to get to that answer, stop thinking that way.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2010, 07:42:34 AM »
yes.