Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Preparing for the LSAT; PowerScore Bibles  (Read 5755 times)

Jeffort

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT Tutor
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Discussion - Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question Type Finder Utility
    • Email
Re: Preparing for the LSAT; PowerScore Bibles
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2010, 11:12:20 PM »
Hey dudes, I'm here in the room too.  If you are confused about what I meant you can just ask me for clarification, stop assuming things and stop putting words in my mouth please. 

How about this version:  Two years is a heck of a long time to spend studying and practicing for ONE standardized test that tests the same narrow set of skills in the same/similar ways every time (no big surprises on the test!).  You might get sick of the same old same old after a while.  Plus, it is reasonable to believe that with such long term study and practice that you would have hit your peak prepped/studied/learned/practiced score potential in less time provided you prepare/study and practice effectively.  There is a concept called the law of diminishing returns. 

I can hear it now.  A hypothetical conversation between two people that somehow met and became friends while both first started thinking about prepping for the LSAT.  Conversation takes place ~2 years after they first met:

A:  "Hey B, how's it going?"
B:  "Not bad A, and you?"
A:  "Good, just finished second semester 2L finals at XYZ Law School, It feels like I got run over by the crim pro final, the fact pattern was cRaZy but I think I did alright on it.  I'm going to be clerking for judge PDQ this summer in HappyGetaJobVille and have to move next week.  I don't think my cat is going to like the trip, she flipped out last time she was on a plane, good thing the vet gave me those kitty tranc pills.  If you are still in the area we should get lunch or something.  What are you up to these days?"
B:  "I'm working on grouping games, they are kicking my butt.  I just did birds in the forest again and got 2 wrong.  I made a stupid mistake.   :(  "
A:  "Oh cool, you're teaching LSAT classes and tutoring people now?  I hear there is good money doing that, a few of my classmates in LS do that on the side for extra spending cash and drinking $$$, you've certainly been studying for that thing long enough to know it well enough to teach it to anyone.  That sounds like a good gig."
B:  "ehh, no, I'm not teaching it, canceled my last score and I'm taking it again but am worried because I've worked all ~60 tests at least 3 times each and don't have a new one to use for more timed practice."

cmd758

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2010, 11:47:49 PM »
Hahahahaha...  ;D. You're awesome.

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2010, 12:32:32 AM »
No, he assumed the guy could easily burn out.  Do you know what "could" means???  Here's a hint.  It doesn't mean "far more likely than not."  This bit-o-knowledge may come in handy next month.

You obviously did not read my post and basically rehashed what I mentioned. How does it feel to be redundant? You obviously failed to get the point also when attempting to insult me in your controverted post. I said the exact same thing. Next time, do read over my post more carefully and get the point that was made within it. I do not know how it feels to be shown up by a guy 11 years younger than you, but you should opt to take the high road. I do not feel like having to keep tutoring you like I did obst in his posts of ignorance. Now, when I say "ignorant," I merely mean not too well informed. In any case, instead of restating what I have already, you should go back and re-read my post, this time, more carefully.

Unlike your posts, my posts aren't meant to insult people but rather shed light on situations. I do not like insulting people so I refrain from it. IF you feel it is necessary to infract me based on your own insecurities of not adequately reading and comprehending a post, then please feel free to do just that. I will not hold anything againt you.

Joey Porsche

• Ya feels me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2010, 02:00:26 AM »
You obviously did not read my post and basically rehashed what I mentioned. How does it feel to be redundant? You obviously failed to get the point also when attempting to insult me in your controverted post. I said the exact same thing. Next time, do read over my post more carefully and get the point that was made within it. I do not know how it feels to be shown up by a guy 11 years younger than you, but you should opt to take the high road. I do not feel like having to keep tutoring you like I did obst in his posts of ignorance. Now, when I say "ignorant," I merely mean not too well informed. In any case, instead of restating what I have already, you should go back and re-read my post, this time, more carefully.

Dude, could you be a bigger tool shed?  Earl f-ing took your ass to class, you flunked, and he took your ass to class again.  YSSCKY

I do not like insulting people so I refrain from it.

O RLY?

Lmfao, you Cooley students are just delusional.

At least I had parents who weren't constantly on drugs...

You end up like obst and bigs from watch TV. Culturally and intellectually remedial.

Lol, you are stupid.

you are obviously angst ridden that it would be a double-edged-sword to try and explain it to you. In other words, you wouldn't understand psychology.

You obviously have mother issues.

moron.

You can't read nor comprehend obviously.

You had to go to the military because you obviously didn't cut it for a scholarship, then go to a community college for law because you, again, didn't cut it.

these morons don't know jackshit about Big Law.

This is the most idiotic post.

You obviously don't cut it anymore Kelley.

cmd758

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2010, 02:33:07 AM »
Why do you feed into it then? Plus, any judge is going to roll their eyes at any of this and say to stay on point and stop bantering.

cmd758

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2010, 02:50:54 AM »
You're right, this is a discussion group about LAW SCHOOL. It is not a place to discuss "sonofapickle's" ability to beat people at the art of rhetoric. It is also not the place to discuss how hurt or insulted he feels because someone said some silly comment to him on here once and now he feels that everyone is out to get him whenever they disagree with anything he says. However, I do concede that people are probably now purposely trying to piss you off because they are annoyed with your constant undercuts, extreme sensitivity to everything, and ramblings about how wrong the general public is to him likened only to high school kids who listen exclusively to Marilyn Manison.

Get over it, please. If you want to be a lawyer, you have to win arguments not by appearing to be hurt (which you do) by stupid things people will inevitablity say to you, but by smiling and beating them without them even knowing it. Don't you know that? All you are doing is displaying your main weakness.

cmd758

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2010, 03:06:56 AM »
Bye, sonofapickle! There is a lot I could say, but I won't.

PS. As they say, a million people can't be wrong!

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2010, 03:10:14 AM »
Lol, also taken out of sheer ignorance. So, those people protesting the enslavement of Africans weren't wrong? How about those people praising and pleading to Hitler to kill all the Jews, were they not wrong as well? Oh, oh, this is a nice one, how about those people stating the world was flat, were they not wrong as well? Lastly, are the people who say homosexuality is a crime against humanity not wrong?

/argument

cmd758

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2010, 06:42:33 AM »
I have a good one for you, sonofapickle, if you're so intelligent and above all of this, then why the hell do you spend so much time on here arguing pointlessly? Oh, and to act like you:

1.) It is continually, not continuously.
2.) You contradict yourself all the time.
3.) You give opinions no one wants.
4.) You obviously have trouble making friends (bad for a lawyer).
5.) Perhaps I was wrong about my interpretation of your character- but as I see it, the only other possibility is that you're a sociopath.
6.) I am not touching your last post with a ten foot pole, but I will say that everyone thinks you're an ass and if this is your strategy for successfully practicing law, you better get a new one because unbeknowst to you, the legal field (like many other fields) is based on establishing good relationships and being "likeable." You are not. You should know (if you're as intelligent as you claim) that truth is more often than not a social construct and no matter how intelligent you believe that you are, if you're constantly at odds with 99.99999999% of the population, you're essentially an idiot. If you were intelligent enough, you might be able to convince them of your strange worldview, but apparently you cannot.

I wasn't going to respond, but after working 15 hours in a row, I suppose I am feeling a bit punchy. Don't expect me to respond to your next series of ramblings (BTW I think you would enjoy the book The Secret History). I don't care. As my dad would say, I should be studying for the exam instead.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2010, 12:17:52 PM »
Lol, also taken out of sheer ignorance. So, those people protesting the enslavement of Africans weren't wrong? How about those people praising and pleading to Hitler to kill all the Jews, were they not wrong as well? Oh, oh, this is a nice one, how about those people stating the world was flat, were they not wrong as well? Lastly, are the people who say homosexuality is a crime against humanity not wrong?

/argument

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law