Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Question for those who have been through the LSAT process...  (Read 728 times)

Seatown42

• View Profile
Have looked sparingly through the Logic Games bible, but other than that, I have no prior experience with the test.  Took my first diagnostic yesterday and scored a 151.  Am looking to score in the 160's.  Is it realistic to improve my score that much by October?
I know everyone is different, but would like to hear opinions by those who have taken the LSAT, and how much improvement is realistic. 
I am taking a full length Powerscore class starting in July.
Thanks

cooleylawstudent

Re: Question for those who have been through the LSAT process...
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 05:35:28 PM »
Its your first PRACTICE test, so relax. Its the real deal that people tend to only improve by 2 points on retake. Just keep studying and you should be fine. A 151 is not Harvard material, but you could do worse. Whats your GPA, what schools you reaching for?

Have looked sparingly through the Logic Games bible, but other than that, I have no prior experience with the test.  Took my first diagnostic yesterday and scored a 151.  Am looking to score in the 160's.  Is it realistic to improve my score that much by October?
I know everyone is different, but would like to hear opinions by those who have taken the LSAT, and how much improvement is realistic. 
I am taking a full length Powerscore class starting in July.
Thanks

Seatown42

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 08:11:04 PM »
Good to know.  I have a 3.8 gpa after being adjusted, and have good softs/recommendations.  I am looking to attend the University of Washington, but if not there, am hoping to settle for a state school somewhere in the West/Rocky Mountain region, hopefully top-50.  I know without a 160+ there isn't much hope, but am hoping 4 months of consistent studying will help.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 10:09:43 PM »
which test date you signed up for?

Good to know.  I have a 3.8 gpa after being adjusted, and have good softs/recommendations.  I am looking to attend the University of Washington, but if not there, am hoping to settle for a state school somewhere in the West/Rocky Mountain region, hopefully top-50.  I know without a 160+ there isn't much hope, but am hoping 4 months of consistent studying will help.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 10:12:11 PM »
9 points is significant but very doable.  What's your study plan?

Seatown42

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 02:48:05 AM »
Thanks for the responses.  I am signed up for the October test date.  I will be working full time while studying, but am taking a full length course, and am starting to spend at least 2 hours per night studying, while taking a practice test/ or two on the weekends.  Hoping to put around 15 hrs. per week in.  Thoughts or suggestions?

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 03:43:43 AM »
just keep up the good work.

Thanks for the responses.  I am signed up for the October test date.  I will be working full time while studying, but am taking a full length course, and am starting to spend at least 2 hours per night studying, while taking a practice test/ or two on the weekends.  Hoping to put around 15 hrs. per week in.  Thoughts or suggestions?

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 10:09:01 AM »
october test be hardest ever.