Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Music law  (Read 449 times)

eyazgi

• View Profile
Music law
« on: May 22, 2010, 01:12:18 PM »
I'm an undergraduate looking for career advice! I'm interested in the music field, i.e. perhaps representing the big opera houses (the Met, etc) and the classical record companies (Decca, EMI, Deutsche grammophon, etc.). What kind of law would I be going into/how would I generally go about this? What would be some good majors for undergrad?

cooleylawstudent

Re: Music law
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 05:30:15 PM »
I'd say pick "no major"(an option) that way you can do it all.

I'm an undergraduate looking for career advice! I'm interested in the music field, i.e. perhaps representing the big opera houses (the Met, etc) and the classical record companies (Decca, EMI, Deutsche grammophon, etc.). What kind of law would I be going into/how would I generally go about this? What would be some good majors for undergrad?

eyazgi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 01:06:03 PM »
do you mind clarifying a little bit?

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 04:20:26 PM »
not much more to clarify on. When they ask for a major tell them "general" or "no major" they tend to offer at least one if not both at most schools.

Plus 1L is the same for all majors, so you can always switch latter into it. It keeps your options open.
See if your school offers music related law as an elective class, if not there should be a law club that comes close.

subhass3

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 06:33:42 PM »
not much more to clarify on. When they ask for a major tell them "general" or "no major" they tend to offer at least one if not both at most schools.

Plus 1L is the same for all majors, so you can always switch latter into it. It keeps your options open.
See if your school offers music related law as an elective class, if not there should be a law club that comes close.

Thanks for your helpful suggestions. I am also looking forward to pursuing a career in Music Law. Glad to have found this forum. :)

Shubhas Sarkarronald Cruzag