Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Undergrad School  (Read 1856 times)

cooleylawstudent

Re: Undergrad School
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 10:26:28 PM »
No TV, just BSing on the internet all day?........I ground you son. :-[

ScubaSteveOh

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 09:17:17 AM »
I agree, the internet is a much better way to waste time than TV.

Hey Pickle, when did I ever say that I spend or have spent much of my free time watching television? You do not know a thing about me. Come on man, lighten up.

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 02:20:27 PM »
I am rarely using the internet and when I do use it, I am doing work and on this forum. I just take intermittent breaks between work and this site. I then check my portfolios and track the markets. So, I am b.sing a 3rd of my time.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 09:38:21 PM »
only a 3rd of it? Yeah right..... ::)

I am rarely using the internet and when I do use it, I am doing work and on this forum. I just take intermittent breaks between work and this site. I then check my portfolios and track the markets. So, I am b.sing a 3rd of my time.

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 09:47:51 PM »
I like television.  Occasionally, anyway.
Mood: Tired but cheerful.  :)

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 12:54:57 AM »
God your an idiot of sonofpickle I imagine your upbringing has also left you a virgin am I right? I mean how does your upbrining relate at all to the OP's question about undergrad?

Anyways, to the OP regarding undergrad school it doesn't really matter at the end of the day you should try to boost your GPA with b.s. classes if possible P.E. classes like weightlifting, Frisbee golf or something that will give you a free A and boost your GPA is what you should do. This will help your admissions chances and likelihood of getting a scholarship.

Schools care almost entirely about numbers and a law school's UGPA/LSAT does not say anything about what undergrad the applicant went to  or what major they had.  If you have a 4.0 in renaissance doorknobs from San Jose State or a 4.0 molecular biology from a somewhat decent school like UCSB to an admissions committee it it looks the same for the most part to them, because they want to impress U.S. News who only looks at numbers. Law schools say they care about "softs", which they do a little but in the end it is about a 90-95% numbers game. I would definitely say don't worry about the name of your undergrad and it is certainly not worth time and money to transferring to a different undergrad. The best thing to do is get the best grades possible in your remaining classes and if you can schedule some easy 1.0 unit classes like Frisbee Golf, etc take them to give yourself a little bump in your GPA and nail the LSAT. 

vintagelaw

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 01:00:58 AM »
Wow, don't think I've ever met anyone else who went to Metro State.  It's been a number of years for me (won't say how many) but I still keep tabs on the alma mater.  Frankly, it's got a pretty good reputation and more in some majors than in others.  I wouldn't worry about it too much.