Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Undergrad School  (Read 1648 times)

ScubaSteveOh

• View Profile
Undergrad School
« on: May 22, 2010, 09:39:06 AM »
Hello, I attend a large state school (Metro State College in Denver). I also got started at a community college for my AA. Metro is on the same campus as CU Denver and I am sure I could get into CU if I wanted to transfer, but it would require some back tracking because of some different requirements for my major. Is the school I will be graduating from, being Metro State, going to look really terrible to Law School admittance committees? Would it be worth the extra 5 classes or so and extra money to get my degree from CU Denver? (I have had classes where students from each school attend, I am not sure the difficulty level would go up all that much).

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Undergrad School
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 10:30:39 AM »
Hello, I attend a large state school (Metro State College in Denver). I also got started at a community college for my AA. Metro is on the same campus as CU Denver and I am sure I could get into CU if I wanted to transfer, but it would require some back tracking because of some different requirements for my major. Is the school I will be graduating from, being Metro State, going to look really terrible to Law School admittance committees? Would it be worth the extra 5 classes or so and extra money to get my degree from CU Denver? (I have had classes where students from each school attend, I am not sure the difficulty level would go up all that much).

In general, where you go for undergrad will likely not affect whether or not you are accepted to any particular law school.  The cynical explanation: they don't keep track of that for USNWR rankings.

Good luck.  :)
Mood: Tired but cheerful.  :)

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 11:44:51 AM »
just keep a good gpa/lsat.

BikePilot

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - joshthebikepilot
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 04:23:29 PM »
Yep, for law school admissions purposes it probably doesn't matter.  I'd recommend you do whatever you think will give you the best education and opportunities (particularly if you end up not going to law school for some reason).  I went to a big state school and did fine in the  admission process - I think the key is a really good gpa and lsat.  Maybe if you go to a top 5 undergrad school then gpa and lsat might matter a little less, but I doubt many law schools will differentiate between various big state schools.
HLS 2010

ScubaSteveOh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 10:48:12 PM »
Thank you all for the responses, I greatly appreciate it.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 11:32:46 PM »
I take it you are jointly a fan of adam sandler and MTV? 8)

Thank you all for the responses, I greatly appreciate it.

ScubaSteveOh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 12:21:43 AM »
Yes, and those are both nicknames friends have called me so I just combined them to be different..

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 05:35:39 PM »
Take it from someone who knows what he is talking about. My parents never had a TV in our house and I was never allowed to watch TV, just read books, study, and sports. That is all, no TV. When I did start watching TV when I was 15, for the first time mind you, I said it was stupid. I still don't watch TV and my parents don't own a TV in their house because it diminishes intellectual creativity.

You end up like obst and bigs from watch TV. Culturally and intellectually remedial.

ScubaSteveOh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 09:36:00 PM »
Wow pickle, you are the type of person I dread interacting with in Law School. Well, just being honest man..

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 09:44:20 PM »
Don't worry, we won't be going to the same law school.

You'd be amazed how a jump in intellect would have served you if it weren't for your television and all of its b.s. propagating your mind with a bunch of inane nonsense. Think about it, you are basically watching a box in color with humans interacting with other humans playing dress up. That couldn't be more stupid than it already is. Why the hell watch 3 to more humans play fairy tale land in costumes? It is STUPID. I'd rather read Dostoevsky and listen to Mahler.