Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Obamas aunt ordered deported in 2004 now granted assylum(I wonder why)  (Read 1225 times)

cooleylawstudent

cooleylawstudent

why was this moved?

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
Because it has nothing to do with law school.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

cooleylawstudent

Thats bull and you know it. LOTS of lawstudents are interested in immigration law and are in clinic for it or at least elective courses.

Because it has nothing to do with law school.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
instead complaining, maybe you should explain why find interesting.

Freak

• Sr. Citizen
  • What's your agenda?!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smileyill4663
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - smileyill
    • View Profile
It is an immigration law issue and here's why:

I am waiting for my fiancee to receive a VISA and we began the process in Nov. 2009; we still have no VISA interview. Is Obama implying that I should smuggle her into the US and then wait for asylum i.e. a corrupt politician to pull some strings? In other words, should we break the law and hope for mercy like his aunt received? I mean after all should attorneys respect the law as officers of the court (I'm an attorney too)?

It would take much less time & money to smuggle her into the US and await asylum. Clearly it should be easier and less expensive to follow the law than to break it and have the law still on your side in the end. Obama's aunt should've been jailed while she waited 7 months for a 5 min. hearing to decide if she's to be put on a navy ship (on rotation to her country) - in the brig - and sent back to the country from which she came. I state 5 min. because that's all the time my financee will receive in the VISA interview. I don't even have the right to testify on her behalf in person - despite the fact that I'm a 4th generation US citizen and I moved to her country while we await the interview. Further, the interviewer has almost complete authority to decide if she receives a VISA. Of course, I will try to get into the interview.

The point is that getting caught breaking the law shouldn't result in a better result than if one never broke the law. As things stand, it makes sense to sneak into the US rather than immigrate legally - an immigration law issue.
Freak is the best, Freak is the best!  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I don't like calling you Freak, I'd rather call you  Normal Nice Guy.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
hell yeah.  what so unusual about having your son elected preznit, anyway?  after all, assholes never came for babs bush, did they?  she just snuck into texas from connecticut, but smart enough wear cowgirl hat and bring money.