Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Too Many Lawyers  (Read 3340 times)

cooleylawstudent

Re: Too Many Lawyers
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2010, 03:07:46 AM »
again who cares? If they aren't in your school and are "too dumb" to pass the bar at the end who cares?
If they do pass the bar then either they picked up the skills in schools, which is fine, or for whatever other reason are smart enough to meet the standard. Are you that scared?

You can make the bar harder, but school and the pre-school forms need to be harder as well, just to make sure they have no chance of getting in. Also, I will go to a Law School as the LSAT is a simple test. I was speaking with a friend online about it and she mentioned that her score was 166 and it was a little easy, but I should do better than her as I have more knowledge and studied more. I take her words over other peoples opinions as truth.

You are certainly right though, I will never step foot into some cretin based law school like Cooley.

sonofapickle

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2010, 03:14:56 AM »
Having it harder for them to get into the school, decreases the market of lawyers, makes more prospective lawyers more favorable to firms. What do you not get? If the market for lawyers is too low, current lawyers will find it easy to land a job and earn a higher salary due to the decrease, and future lawyers have ease of mind for finding a job. It then makes law more prestigious and the act of going to law school more prestigious. This then allows law schools to raise the tuition rates allowing only the really smart students in, and the students who don't have enough fund either spend more time in school, find scholarships and/or loans, or simply choose a different profession. This is just my opinion on the matter. I don't really care about the money but the status of being a lawyer goes down due to the over abundance of students.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2010, 03:17:22 AM »
What part dont YOU get. Getting into school dosnt make you a lawyer, passing the bar does. What do you care if the other schools are crammed full of people who you think are too dumb to pass the bar?

Besides, you keep trying to say that lower ranked school grads wont be able to qualify your the jobs that you want. So if they don't qualify(even if they pass the bar) for the good jobs, then how do they impact you?

Having it harder for them to get into the school, decreases the market of lawyers, makes more prospective lawyers more favorable to firms. What do you not get? If the market for lawyers is too low, current lawyers will find it easy to land a job and earn a higher salary due to the decrease, and future lawyers have ease of mind for finding a job. It then makes law more prestigious and the act of going to law school more prestigious. This then allows law schools to raise the tuition rates allowing only the really smart students in, and the students who don't have enough fund either spend more time in school, find scholarships and/or loans, or simply choose a different profession. This is just my opinion on the matter. I don't really care about the money but the status of being a lawyer goes down due to the over abundance of students.

sonofapickle

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2010, 03:22:00 AM »
Jobs matter, but status matters more to me. Even law student is a status in an of itself. I would like it so there is hardly a snowballs chance in hell that a dumbass can be a lawyer or a student of law. Also, passing the bar does not make you a lawyer if you want to argue semantics now. You are only a lawyer if you pass the bar and advertise yourself as being ready for clients, i.e. opening a small practice hiring clients, or joining a firm hiring clients.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2010, 03:25:25 AM »
so I repeat why are you so afraid? :-[

Jobs matter, but status matters more to me. Even law student is a status in an of itself. I would like it so there is hardly a snowballs chance in hell that a dumbass can be a lawyer or a student of law. Also, passing the bar does not make you a lawyer if you want to argue semantics now. You are only a lawyer if you pass the bar and advertise yourself as being ready for clients, i.e. opening a small practice hiring clients, or joining a firm hiring clients.

sonofapickle

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2010, 03:31:11 AM »
Not afraid, how would you like it if some your dumbass enemy went to law school? I will add some psychology to this discussion. Take Andrew's worst enemy, Andrew's worst enemy like pop music, so Andrew begins to distance himself from that genre of music because he dislikes his enemy and hates everything his enemy likes. It is similar to me and law school. I dislike dumb people and it diminishes the fun of being a law student. I would grow a bit distant from classifying myself as a law student due to idiots also being law students.

I am not scared nor afraid of those going to law school. I have broadened by base to differentiate myself from them and have studied some law school books by buying them on amazon. I will be above the curve once I get to law school and above a bunch of other people, but I dislike people I don't consider law student material, being law students.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2010, 11:45:46 AM »
First thing that you should learn, MOST lawyers adversaries ARE other lawyers.
Second, if your "worst enemy" is a faceless mass of people that you never met you need to branch out more beyond your mommys house.
Third, if they're your "worst enemy" then you openly admitt that you view them as a threat........afraid.  ::)

quote author=sonofapickle link=topic=4023478.msg5379387#msg5379387 date=1274427071]
Not afraid, how would you like it if some your dumbass enemy went to law school? I will add some psychology to this discussion. Take Andrew's worst enemy, Andrew's worst enemy like pop music, so Andrew begins to distance himself from that genre of music because he dislikes his enemy and hates everything his enemy likes. It is similar to me and law school. I dislike dumb people and it diminishes the fun of being a law student. I would grow a bit distant from classifying myself as a law student due to idiots also being law students.

I am not scared nor afraid of those going to law school. I have broadened by base to differentiate myself from them and have studied some law school books by buying them on amazon. I will be above the curve once I get to law school and above a bunch of other people, but I dislike people I don't consider law student material, being law students.
[/quote]

sonofapickle

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2010, 02:49:55 PM »
Adversaries who aren't idiots I would have no problem contending against. You, again, have failed to accurately comprehend such simple, straight-forward sentences.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2010, 05:10:31 PM »
so you are only scared of those who you think CAN'T kick your ass? ???

Adversaries who aren't idiots I would have no problem contending against. You, again, have failed to accurately comprehend such simple, straight-forward sentences.

sonofapickle

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2010, 06:32:50 PM »
No one can kick my ass. I don't live my life out of fear unlike your PDSD self.