Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Question about being Wait listed  (Read 2472 times)

candylover

• View Profile
Question about being Wait listed
« on: May 20, 2010, 01:48:12 PM »
I was sent a waitlist letter earlier this year and submitted it stating I would like to be on the waitlist.

I just received another waitlist letter to answer whether or not I still want to reserve my spot on the wait list.

Can anyone provide input, thoughts, whether this is a good thing or bad thing for me?

I am happy that I did not get rejected and that they instead sent me another letter to confirm my continued interest to wait on the waiting list, but at the same time Im curious to know if it was bad that I didnt get accepted at this point. It would be informative if I knew how many were waitlisted at this school but I dont.

Do I have a good chance of getting accepted at this point or not?

chi2009

• View Profile
Re: Question about being Wait listed
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 02:29:17 PM »
It partly depends on how many people who were accepted actually enroll.  I was waitlisted at my top choice school last year and didn't get in (thank god I had already enrolled someplace else as a safety net).  I heard that, because of the economy, practically everyone who was accepted did actually enroll, so nobody on the wait list got in.  Fortunately, I did well at the school I went to and can transfer to the other school for the fall.  The hardest thing is that you often don't find out if you got in off the wait list until just a couple weeks before school starts.  If you get in somewhere else, I'd recommend holding yourself a seat just in case.

barrygoodlife

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 03:38:40 PM »
Has the WL at Cornell or Georgetown moved lately?
Anyone hearing this week from Fordham?

Guerito

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 10:38:05 AM »
Definitely respond and definitely show interest in attending the school.  I was waitlisted at numerous schools when I applied and did end up getting into GULC off of the waitlist...but it wasn't until mid- to late June that they notified me.  In the case of GULC, at least, they sent an email a few days before accepting me off the waitlist asking if I was still interested.  I'm not saying that this is the purpose of this particular letter you received, but it may mean that the waitlist has moved and they are contacting everyone on the list to see who is still interested. 

Anyway, good luck!