Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: New Stetson Curriculum - Current Students and Grads Please Weigh in.  (Read 1112 times)

Isitworthit?

• View Profile
Okay, I have been accepted and put in my seat deposit, but apparently Stetson, since my acceptance, has changed their requirements for incoming 1L's, and the change goes into affect this fall. Essentially, Real Property and Contracts are no longer year long courses, and they have adjusted their credits, making each class 4 credits instead of 3 (except for R&W). This worries me.

My concerns are that this will be frowned upon by potential employers. Why hire someone from Stetson that has but one semester of contracts over someone that was required to take a full year of this dreadful material? Are they doing this to save money? Are they doing this because a full year is not necessary? Doesn't cutting these core courses though to one semester restrict it to memorization only? Opinions about the school aside, sticking with this point only, should this worry me? Why would Stetson do this?

sonofapickle

Doesn't matter as long as you have passed your bar. Your employers won't be looking too heavily at the individual courses you took while in law school. Also, Stetson is a good school, congratulations!

cooleylawstudent

This from the fetus who thinks undergrad even matters? Why the sudden change of pace? Find Jurispondence religion?

As to the OP, what is the number of overall credits they require now then? Has it gone up or are they trying to just make you take less classes? Do they need for longer periods each week now?

Doesn't matter as long as you have passed your bar. Your employers won't be looking too heavily at the individual courses you took while in law school. Also, Stetson is a good school, congratulations!

sonofapickle

Undergrad does matter dumbass.

cooleylawstudent

sonofapickle

What did you major in?

cooleylawstudent

the same thing that I did in highschool, graduating. After that no one ever cares what it was. You are dumb enough to try braggin about the highschool you went to. Are you that foolish to believe that ANYONE at ANY lawschool or employer will care where you went to highschool? You could have a GED, they don't care. Looks like you wasted more of daddys money for nothing huh? :'(

What did you major in?

sonofapickle

I am not bragging about the High School I went to... Seeing as though you believe your undergrad major was crap, it must have been liberal arts.  My majors actually matter and will help me make more money than your little peanut sized brain could ever comprehend.

cooleylawstudent

says the guy who brags about his liberal arts college..... ::)

I am not bragging about the High School I went to... Seeing as though you believe your undergrad major was crap, it must have been liberal arts.  My majors actually matter and will help me make more money than your little peanut sized brain could ever comprehend.

sonofapickle

Carleton is a 1st tier college. Little can you say graduating from your local community college only to go to another community college that concentrates in law.