Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: William & Mary  (Read 404 times)

thepizzaman

• View Profile
    • Email
William & Mary
« on: May 19, 2010, 11:56:54 PM »
How is this school? I know it is ranked #28 but that doesn't mean that I will be completely unable to find work (considering a top third ranking? I'm using this as a good average as I hope to be top 10% of course!). I am a junior with a 4.0 G.P.A majoring in PoliSci. I haven't taken the LSAT yet (studying though!) but I hope to get at least a 166, I got a 160 on a practice test.

Thanks!

BikePilot

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - joshthebikepilot
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: William & Mary
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 10:10:26 PM »
Worry about your GPA and LSAT for now - without both of those there's no real point in getting too serious about any particular school, much less trying to guess class rank.  Keep that GPA and study till you are in the 170s for the lsat and you can likely go to a lower t14 for free.

You can probably find some job from the top third of W&M, but I wouldn't bank on biglaw (its possible, just not terribly likely).
HLS 2010

thepizzaman

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: William & Mary
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 12:08:31 AM »
Thanks! I want to become a prosecutor, biglaw to me, while pay is amazing, just doesn't seem interesting or worth the stress and research part. Is it worth paying to take a LSAT class or should I just study and practice on my own?