Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Believe I am Ready now  (Read 3032 times)

cooleylawstudent

Re: Believe I am Ready now
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2010, 01:39:52 AM »
you clearly have no clue what that word means.

My bad, I meant heresay.

sonofapickle

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2010, 01:48:47 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearsay_in_United_States_law

Best I could find to give you the definition you're looking for. I think I do know what I am talking about.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2010, 01:52:10 AM »
first wikipedia is such an undergrad deal, second I know the term(I'm in lawschool)
You seem to think its a magic wand. My god everyone who was ever punished in court must never have thought of that?
Wow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearsay_in_United_States_law

Best I could find to give you the definition you're looking for. I think I do know what I am talking about.

sonofapickle

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2010, 01:57:33 AM »
Arguing hearsay over some moron claiming "racism" is a viable tool, especially if he/she has no backing to their claims. Also, you're at a 5th rate law school. That doesn't say much to me.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2010, 02:03:06 AM »
So "he's just a homie from the block and I'm a rich white boy" would go over good with a jury when you have proof of postings with the word ape directed at him in it? How do you think fellow homies from the block on said jury would react to that and the evidence in it and your attitude to it?

Arguing hearsay over some moron claiming "racism" is a viable tool, especially if he/she has no backing to their claims. Also, you're at a 5th rate law school. That doesn't say much to me.

sonofapickle

« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2010, 02:12:45 AM »
I have never been accused of racism in my life, now you are bringing it up because I called you apish? Mind you, I did not know you were black before said statement. Being accused of racism when not even knowing the person behind the screen's ethnicity is uncalled for and would not even convince a jury of racism. Even so, it would be settled without one more than likely in front of a judge and you could be sued for slander, emotional distress, etc... For a law student, you don't apply real world mechanics into this discussion.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2010, 02:14:35 AM »
"but I never was accused of it before.... :'("

Plus ZERO courts will care about your weak defense, why call anyone a racist term? Why?
I didnt know that he didnt look like what I thought a spearchucker or a #%@! should look like....... :-X

I have never been accused of racism in my life, now you are bringing it up because I called you apish? Mind you, I did not know you were black before said statement. Being accused of racism when not even knowing the person behind the screen's ethnicity is uncalled for and would not even convince a jury of racism. Even so, it would be settled without one more than likely in front of a judge and you could be sued for slander, emotional distress, etc... For a law student, you don't apply real world mechanics into this discussion.

sonofapickle

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2010, 02:32:44 AM »
Yeah, you will have a field day arguing, "but he said i wuz a monkey when i was black, yet he did not know i was black, but he racist." That is the weakest argument I've ever seen. You will be a 5th rate lawyer working out of McDonald's after law school. Just quit and head to a technical school so you can save money. The things you are saying are idiotic.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2010, 02:33:26 AM »
better question, why risk it? ???

Yeah, you will have a field day arguing, "but he said i wuz a monkey when i was black, yet he did not know i was black, but he racist." That is the weakest argument I've ever seen. You will be a 5th rate lawyer working out of McDonald's after law school. Just quit and head to a technical school so you can save money. The things you are saying are idiotic.

sonofapickle

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2010, 02:43:48 AM »
I would never call a black person an ape for no reason. I will call anyone a name if that person starts insulting me. You obviously think little or have prejudices against your own race if you think apes are equated towards black people.

You are dramatic and a negative person because you are angry due to your parents inability to raise you properly. That does not mean you need to take your anger out on others but rather you need some psychiatric help. You won't do well if you continue on that trend of hate. Also, I find using the word "white" a pejorative term and would rather be called Caucasian as my lineage is from the caucuses of Europe not white-dome.