Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Believe I am Ready now  (Read 3055 times)

sonofapickle

Believe I am Ready now
« on: May 18, 2010, 02:54:13 PM »
I have about another year of college left and have consecutively scored in the 170s on the practice tests and over the 6 I have taken, not one was below 170. The only downside is that I have not timed each section of them and allow myself to take all the time I need to answer the questions. But, I don't go over what is allotted on the actual test, 2 hours and 55 minutes. I spend more time on logic games as I have a tendency to map out the game and map out as many possibilities as I can (no more than 5 though) as that helps me with the few questions that follows a specific game. For the logical reasoning I take the time to jot down a few interesting concepts presented in the wording and I look for the wrong answers before I come to a decision on answering the question. For reading comprehension, I mostly ace that section of the test.

As for my UGPA; 3.85 and majoring in philosophy and international studies, but because I am practically finished, I will pick up a finance major next semester since I only need 9 classes to complete it. So far, so good though, and finance is pretty easy for me anyway, so I hope to increase my UGPA to 3.92 if I can.

Does the LSAT exam provide scratch paper? I run through a lot of paper when doing the practice tests.

I am trying to get into an Ivy League right now. I attend a well respected private college in the state and have had volunteered at various organizations pertaining to the field of law, and have been mentored by a well respected lawyer at a top law firm in the state. Just wondering if that will add to my resume when applying to an Ivy League (Harvard and Yale are my top choices). 

I was thinking about taking the LSAT during the fall of my last year, but I have been conflicted. Should I just study for another year then take it, or just study for the next few months and then take it? I have more free time this year and spring of next year due to my class load being smaller, so I could study more, but I believe I am ready now, and I also believe if I do take it now I would be just rushing into it. I just need some more opinions on the matter before deciding.

cooleylawstudent

Re: Believe I am Ready now
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 09:44:22 PM »
Yes masterbaiting is fun, but at a point you just start to get sore. :'(

Take the test, its not that hard. Its about as hard as the ASVAB, how did you do on that one?

sonofapickle

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 10:07:09 PM »
I would never join the military as I am not a person who follows orders blindly without question. But that debate is for another topic, not this one. I am trying to get some advice. The test, "not being that hard," is an exaggeration due to the average people scoring in the 147-162 range. The statistics point to the contrary of your point.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 11:00:40 PM »
Just because there is roadkill in the road dosn't mean that it isnt easy to avoid being it yourself.

Here's a novel idea, take the test. You can keep asking for details on how cold the water is and how the shrinkage will impact your already undersized sack, or you can just shut up already and jump. 

"Jump.......Jump....Jump...... . :)" "looks like another suicide chief :o"

sonofapickle

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 11:50:28 PM »
You must attempt to insult me in every post? For a soldier I would think you would act with a bit more civility and less like a child. Soldiers are meant to lead others yet you don't show any leadership qualities to make up for your intellectual deficiency.

Jeffort

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT Tutor
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Discussion - Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question Type Finder Utility
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 11:55:00 PM »

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 11:55:26 PM »
First, do a tour then we'll talk.  Second, you were the idiot talking about not wanting to join the military since they "blindly follow orders"
Do you even have a clue?  ???

You must attempt to insult me in every post? For a soldier I would think you would act with a bit more civility and less like a child. Soldiers are meant to lead others yet you don't show any leadership qualities to make up for your intellectual deficiency.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 11:55:56 PM »
in your own words.......
 :o
I would never join the military as I am not a person who follows orders blindly without question. But that debate is for another topic, not this one. I am trying to get some advice. The test, "not being that hard," is an exaggeration due to the average people scoring in the 147-162 range. The statistics point to the contrary of your point.

sonofapickle

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 12:26:15 AM »
There is trying to lead others by example and actually leading... Soldiers do blindly follow orders of their superiors but I am not your superior. It's mind-boggling to consider the mental gymnastics required to think you're actually qualified to talk to me in such a way when your highest achievement is getting accepted into Cooley.

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 01:02:40 AM »

That's unfortunate.  In order to lead, one must first learn how to follow.  Maybe you should think some more about the value of knowing how to follow orders.

In terms of studying, definitely do not spend the next year studying for it.  You'll run out of study materials, and you'll start getting rusty.  The idea is to take it when you're peaking.  Studying for a few months is probably best.

Also, don't talk about your goals as "Ivy League," because that's not really accurate.  I assume you'd take a Stanford or Chicago over Cornell.

Finally, it sounds like you're very smart, but it also sounds like you think you're very smart.  The latter will not serve you well.  Just friendly advice for your benefit.

Good luck.  :)
Mood: Tired but cheerful.  :)