Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Girlfriends rejections  (Read 2444 times)

anunymus

• View Profile
Girlfriends rejections
« on: May 17, 2010, 06:13:54 PM »
I need help. My girlfriend of a long time is getting rejected from schools that she probably shouldnt be. She says its because a community college she went to a while back for 2 semesters of classes didnt send all the information to LSAC. She majored in PolySci/Pre-Law from Azusa Pacific, and had a 3.8 gpa cumulative. She got took her lsat twice, got a 167 and second time a 169. She got rejected from Boston College, Georgetown, and UCLA (Which is where she wanted to go), and got Waitlisted at American University in D.C..

No Word yet on Harvard, Stanford, Berkeley, Davis, Northwestern, and a couple of other schools.

Is everything Im hearing accurate? UCLA sent her a letter indicating to her that she was missing information, which is how she found out about it.

She said the reasons why she was rejected  was because she applied late, and now shes saying its because of the missing information to LSAC (which she took care of the second she found out about it and had them rush the transcripts to LSAC for updating)

I just want to make sure she isnt lying to me or leaving out details.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am not involved with law and know nothing about law school admissions.

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Girlfriends rejections
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 07:31:14 PM »
It could be just that she applied late (January or February?). Or she wrote a personal statement riddled with errors.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 09:28:02 PM »
Dont worry if you go to lawschool and she dosnt, you can hookup with another future lawyer and she can get a plumber,trucker, or any of the other local crew that got their GED's  as a codition of their probation. ;D

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 03:21:49 PM »
She wrote a bad letter obviously. She is not as smart as you believe her to be and she does not want you to know that. She needs to write a better cover letter for the schools. With a GPA of 3.8 and an LSAT of 167, she should have gotten into one of those schools listed. IT was the letter, it was horrid. That is why you have someone, objectively, look over it for you so you minimize errors and have a better cover letter.

Your gf needs to let go of her pride. She doesn't want to tell you the truth out of fear of what she thinks, you may think about her if she did.

SaraJean

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 10:13:35 AM »
She said the reasons why she was rejected  was because she applied late, and now shes saying its because of the missing information to LSAC (which she took care of the second she found out about it and had them rush the transcripts to LSAC for updating)

I just want to make sure she isnt lying to me or leaving out details.

Based on what you've told us, I don't think she's lying.  If she applied late and wasn't aware her application was incomplete, she would assume the lateness was the reason she was rejected.  Some of the schools may have rejected her because her application was incomplete.  After she found out her application was incomplete, she would assume she was rejected because her application was incomplete.

diaphanous25

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 03:48:14 PM »
I know this is totally unrelated, but your quandary actually sounds like a cute/funny movie plot. It could even be called "Girlfriends Rejections"