Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Finished MBA - Looking towards law school, a couple of questions...  (Read 429 times)

mrnick

• View Profile
Undgrad GPA (BSBA): 3.34
MBA GPA : 3.8

With a business and government background I am interested in business and labor law as actual careers after law school.   Any feedback on the career projections for someone in this field? 

The other thing is funding law school, I would have to take a part-time program while working in the Chicago/Milwaukee metro area.   
After some quick research: IIT (Chicago-Kent), DePaul, Marquette are all options.  In the rankings I've seen these are at the lower end of the top 100 schools.

Lets assume I was able to get a high LSAT (170+), do you think any of these schools would offer scholarships?

Further am I hindering my career by attending such a school given that I am likely going into Business or Labor law?

Thanks in advance for any feedback

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
With a business and government background I am interested in business and labor law as actual careers after law school.   Any feedback on the career projections for someone in this field? 

What do you actually imagine business and labor law to be?  Trying to get a sense of what your career goals actually look like.
Mood: Tired but cheerful.  :)