Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Haveing to wait 6 weeks for grades is insane!  (Read 631 times)

lawrookie

Haveing to wait 6 weeks for grades is insane!
« on: May 13, 2010, 02:14:50 PM »
Do all lawschools make you wait 6 weeks for grades? Anyone else get under their skin over it?

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Haveing to wait 6 weeks for grades is insane!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 07:58:21 PM »
Yea it sucks I think all schools do. Wait until you take the bar then you have to wait 4 months to know if you can even be a lawyer or have to study for the whole thing all over again while being 100k in debt. 

I remember stressing about how long the LSAT took to get my score and the lawyer I wokred for just said that is just the tip of the iceberg that is the legal profession LOTS of waiting. 

When you get a client it can take YEARS to get resolved, so welcome to the legal world. It is annoying, but the way it is.

lawrookie

Re: Haveing to wait 6 weeks for grades is insane!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 10:12:52 PM »
At least I'm not alone I guess. The lsat didnt bug me since I was working at the time and didnt have time to think about it too much, same deal with my application to lawschool. It was more like, wow I forget about that, when it came in. Now I sit in class hearing the profs mention the extremes they've seen halfway through their stack of anywhere from a 80% to a 20% and thinking "dear god am I either of those?"

If it was a standard grading scale they could hand them out as they grade them, but since its a "curve" they have to wait untill the end(I guess is the logic behind it)