Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HAS ANYONE HAD TROUBLE GETTING CLEARED TO TAKE THEIR BAR EXAM?  (Read 1743 times)

christylove

• If you do not look, you will never see.
    • MSN Messenger - trulve@msn.com
    • View Profile
I am having the worst time getting clearance from the Georgia bar. I have fulfilled every requirement that they have asked but still no clearance. Does anyone have similiar stories with GA or other jurisdictions?
ChristyLove

cooleylawstudent

Re: HAS ANYONE HAD TROUBLE GETTING CLEARED TO TAKE THEIR BAR EXAM?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 10:51:03 PM »
If you fulfilled "every" requirment, then why did they deny you? They had to give you some type of reason, what was it?
Did you appeal it?

I am having the worst time getting clearance from the Georgia bar. I have fulfilled every requirement that they have asked but still no clearance. Does anyone have similiar stories with GA or other jurisdictions?

cvtheis

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 09:46:22 AM »
They must have SOME reason you are not providing.  Bar examiners dont like gaps, missing, or inaccurate information.

christylove

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 10:29:03 AM »
If you fulfilled "every" requirment, then why did they deny you? They had to give you some type of reason, what was it?
Did you appeal it?

Thank you so much for your response. I was not given a reason at all, instead the Board has responded to my request my setting a hearing for me in September of this year. Clearly I would miss the July bar exam. I honestly went back over my file and all of the board requests to comply and found no reason which would indicate why my clearance has been held up. I submitted all of my information for this bar in April of this year beating the May 15th deadline.
ChristyLove

christylove

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 10:34:24 AM »
They must have SOME reason you are not providing.  Bar examiners dont like gaps, missing, or inaccurate information.

Thank you for your response. Yes you are correct. I have no missing information, no gaps of time for which there was no explanation. I am simply at a loss right now. I wish I had some more information but I don't. The worst part is that I have friends who are being cleared and who have been cleared with issues, but their issues are handled differently depending on who is assigned to their file. I will tell you this, the receptionist either misplaced or threw away a certified document which my son dropped off for my file and I wrote a complaint against her since it was difficult to retrieve another one in time for my file to be presented, and my file has been mishandled ever since. To be honest, I feel that I have been singled because of this.
ChristyLove

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 11:58:22 AM »
"singled out" why and for what reason?

What document do you think they lost?

christylove

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 03:10:15 PM »
"singled out" why and for what reason?

What document do you think they lost?

1.Well to be specific, I feel as though I am being singled out because of the fact that I wrote a grievance to the Director regarding the document the receptionist destroyed, additionally, I have been held up over a year for creidt issues which have all been resolved, and when I requested that my file be sent to the May board meeting, she toldme that it would not be presented until June. I asked her why and she said that she wanted it to go the June hearing instead because that was the time she had scheduled for it. I told her my file was complete and I had complied with the board conditions and unless the file was sent to the May hearing she would have to explain to my attorney why it was held. Instantly, she decided to send it to the May hearing.

2. I do not "think" a document was lost or misplaced, I "know" that it was. It was a document concerning my pending divorce and it was certified as they requested. Additionally, the lady who accepted it denied accepting it until my son identified her and was able to prove that he has signed in with security on that day. Then all of the sudden she remembered that she had met him; but does not know what happened to my document. Additionally, my analyst lost three of my references and requested that I have them resubmitted three days before the board meeting. Prior to that request, my analyst confirmed receiving the references, but admitted that they must have somehow been misplaced.
ChristyLove

christylove

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 03:56:19 PM »
The bottom line is something very fishy is happening in that office with regard to file, and I am so stressed out over this ordeal, that I am considering withdrawing my application and applying somewhere else. But not without my $1000.00 fee. They have done nothing to investigate the contents of my file, and they have everything that they need to make a decision.
ChristyLove

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 09:20:08 PM »
Can you get a refund that easy or would you have to sue?

christylove

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 11:27:29 PM »
Can you get a refund that easy or would you have to sue?

Thank you again for responding. I am certain that they will not fork it over, they will probably tell me that they were utilizing the funds to assess my fitness. I will make a request for it and that is all that I can do. I am actually considering contacting the media to share with them what has happened to me during this process in hopes that it does not happen to anyone else.
ChristyLove