Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Sent in my Federal Tax return and W-2 but the school says I didn't. Angry!  (Read 2939 times)

Haynes7

• View Profile
I sent my Student Aid Application, Federal Tax return and W-2 in early March of this year.  I finally got news back today from my law school saying that they received my Application and FAFSA but not my Tax Return or my W-2.  I do not understand how this could happen.  I sent all my documents in together and they obviously got my application just not the documents that were stapled to it?  On top of that, I have been calling the financial aid office all day and cannot get ahold of anyone.  I tried to find an e-mail for the financial aid office but was unable to.  My plan currently is to make copies of my W-2 and Federal Tax return and sending them a copy everyday until they admit that they have received them or tell me what is wrong with my application.
I am upset and frustrated.  Has anyone else had similar issues with their Student Aid Office?  This seems super fishy to me. 

sonofapickle

You stapled them and the people probably just ripped it out and threw the contents away or they ripped it and lost some of the contents. Just manually send them in this time and make sure they get every single document instead of taking the time to post the problem here.

Also, how much is it going to your law school? Right now my parents are paying 45k out of pocket for me to go to a private institution. If I do go to an Ivy League then it would be too much money for my parents to cover out of pocket + having to lease me an apartment added with monthly income of around 3,500 so I can live off of that month-to-month, which is not much. 

cooleylawstudent

First, you couldnt take you own loan out at that point why? ???
Second, if your Daddy isnt a pathic go nowhere waste of a career, then why can't he pay for it? :o

You stapled them and the people probably just ripped it out and threw the contents away or they ripped it and lost some of the contents. Just manually send them in this time and make sure they get every single document instead of taking the time to post the problem here.

Also, how much is it going to your law school? Right now my parents are paying 45k out of pocket for me to go to a private institution. If I do go to an Ivy League then it would be too much money for my parents to cover out of pocket + having to lease me an apartment added with monthly income of around 3,500 so I can live off of that month-to-month, which is not much.

Haynes7

• View Profile
  You are right, I shouldn't have posted my financial aid concerns under the financial aid thread.  What a waste of time!

Problem solved by the way!  I decided to send the school a regular shower of mail.  I mailed them copies of all my financial information everyday and called every hour on the hour until they finally decided to admit that my file was complete. 

Sonofapickle...did you not get enough love in your childhood?

sonofapickle

I got enough love. Blame obst.

legalized

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I sent my Student Aid Application, Federal Tax return and W-2 in early March of this year.  I finally got news back today from my law school saying that they received my Application and FAFSA but not my Tax Return or my W-2.  I do not understand how this could happen.  I sent all my documents in together and they obviously got my application just not the documents that were stapled to it?  On top of that, I have been calling the financial aid office all day and cannot get ahold of anyone.  I tried to find an e-mail for the financial aid office but was unable to.  My plan currently is to make copies of my W-2 and Federal Tax return and sending them a copy everyday until they admit that they have received them or tell me what is wrong with my application.
I am upset and frustrated.  Has anyone else had similar issues with their Student Aid Office?  This seems super fishy to me.

Um, I see you sent them a snowstorm of the white stuff...I was going to say a simple solution is to scan everything you mail to them, so you have a copy saved in a neat little folder called "Law School Fin Aid Docs"...and email them replacements when they try to act ignorant.  Or at least have them ready to print and mail.

Don't piss off people in the financial aid office.  People who handle/prepare your money and your food should always be treated VERY nicely. 

lol just fyi

cooleylawstudent

Its not my fault your dad wasted his life and cant even afford to send his kid to a real school.
Lets be honest, your real mom took half and his male teenage hooker took the rest right? :o

I got enough love. Blame obst.

Haynes7

• View Profile
Well if I pissed them off its too late to rectify it.  I was very polite on the phone.  They even thanked me for being so determined and active in making sure my file was complete.  Go figure.

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Usually when someone was being polite on the phone and saying what you wanted to hear, they did not mean it. I bet when they got off someone said, "what a male private part." At least that was what happened to me when the server at my school got my order wrong. She said some words of hate under her breath and I could hear them being said. To make this short, she does not have a job do to the other complaints made by students. In any case, they are insulting you. But, not much they can do about it due to you having phone records of the conversation on hand, which could get someone fired.