Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: CUNY or Pace?  (Read 3157 times)

mmaggiee

CUNY or Pace?
« on: May 06, 2010, 01:39:44 PM »
I am deciding if I should go to CUNY or Pace. When compared to Pace, CUNY seems better since my debt will be far less and the average salary seems to be the same for both schools. However, Pace has a really great environmental law program and I thought they were rising in the ranks. How are the job prospects and environment compared to each other? I want to know all the pros and cons. I've been doing a lot of research already, but I would like some useful input.

cvtheis

Re: CUNY or Pace?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 04:50:56 PM »
Dont take any advice from this forum at face value, not mine, not anyone.  You need to do your research and reach your decision.  You can use opinions provided here as a guide, but dont take the information at face value.

I dont post this to be a jerk.  Think long and hard about the decision to go to law school.  Go in with eyes wide open.  Read my posts on this thread.

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/students/index.php/topic,4023354.0.html

I am not saying don't go, just that you should have all the facts and consider all of the angles before taking the $100K plunge.

I am deciding if I should go to CUNY or Pace. When compared to Pace, CUNY seems better since my debt will be far less and the average salary seems to be the same for both schools. However, Pace has a really great environmental law program and I thought they were rising in the ranks. How are the job prospects and environment compared to each other? I want to know all the pros and cons. I've been doing a lot of research already, but I would like some useful input.

byebyeny

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 05:09:50 PM »
CUNY

-cheaper tuition
-similar dismal job prospect

mmaggiee

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 11:58:20 PM »
Dont take any advice from this forum at face value, not mine, not anyone.  You need to do your research and reach your decision.  You can use opinions provided here as a guide, but dont take the information at face value.

I dont post this to be a jerk.  Think long and hard about the decision to go to law school.  Go in with eyes wide open.  Read my posts on this thread.

I am not saying don't go, just that you should have all the facts and consider all of the angles before taking the $100K plunge.

Thanks, that is something I am considering. You're not being a jerk at all. The job market is horrible right now. Hopefully, that will change. If it does not, I still have other plans so it's really not the end of the world.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 12:28:15 AM »
cooley.

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 12:35:28 AM »
There's no way Pace is worth an extra $23k/year in tuition.  If you're dead set on one of the two, CUNY all the way.

Mood: Tired but cheerful.  :)

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 01:02:43 AM »
cooley

There's no way Pace is worth an extra $23k/year in tuition.  If you're dead set on one of the two, CUNY all the way.

Terrance

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 10:20:44 AM »

I think this is great advice. It is good to get a sense of other peoples opinions, but your decision should be mostly based on factual information I think. Do your research, and see which school is a better fit for you based on what it is you want to achieve. I have a question, I am looking for a good school for my daughter, and was wondering if anyone has ever heard of chrysalisschoolmontana.com? Do you think it is a good school? Thanks.

jamesj

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 06:32:17 PM »
pace

nota.bene500

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 03:16:20 AM »
Pace only has 6 firms attending OCI this upcoming year and the ABA recently published an article titled  "Jobless Pace Law Grads Live at Home, Go Back to School, Hang Own Shingle." Are you kidding me?