Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: shooting for a 180...final stretch  (Read 3008 times)

sonofapickle

Re: shooting for a 180...final stretch
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2010, 10:21:02 PM »
Sorry, but I have a tendency to fail and lose comeback-based arguments if I drop to the level of a ruffian. So, I will let you have your petty pride as it is beneath me to engage in such elementary acts of idiocy.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2010, 10:55:25 PM »
Why, thankyou my good sir.

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2010, 12:53:10 AM »
Sorry, but I have a tendency to fail and lose comeback-based arguments if I drop to the level of a ruffian. So, I will let you have your petty pride as it is beneath me to engage in such elementary acts of idiocy.

Friendly advice: don't use words like ruffian.  Just talk like a normal person.
Mood: Tired but cheerful.  :)

sonofapickle

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2010, 12:59:57 AM »
I was not raised to be one of the hoi polloi and ruffian describes him perfectly. That is how I talk and type, whether you like it or not is your choice. I surely dislike others having the need to give their opinions to someone who obviously does not need their opinionated godly intellect bestowed upon me. It is arrogant to think you can tell me what words I should and should not use. You even go on to say normal as if I am speaking an entirely different language. You obviously do not understand that this forum is for Law School discussions, not reprobate acronym talk. I speak in such a manner because I was raised in such a manner. Now, if I have offended you in anyway, I am sorry, but I dislike people giving their two cents on what words I should use because it doesn't fit their normality.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2010, 01:04:01 AM »
It takes a special breed of idiot to talk about smarts while being an undergrad fetus telling a lawyer what it takes to be a lawstudent before even haven took the lsat. wow....... ???

I was not raised to be one of the hoi polloi and ruffian describes him perfectly. That is how I talk and type, whether you like it or not is your choice. I surely dislike others having the need to give their opinions to someone who obviously does not need their opinionated godly intellect bestowed upon me. It is arrogant to think you can tell me what words I should and should not use. You even go on to say normal as if I am speaking an entirely different language. You obviously do not understand that this forum is for Law School discussions, not reprobate acronym talk. I speak in such a manner because I was raised in such a manner. Now, if I have offended you in anyway, I am sorry, but I dislike people giving their two cents on what words I should use because it doesn't fit their normality.

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2010, 01:04:28 AM »

Now I just think you're someone's fake account.  In case you're not, that's great that you talk that way.  Learn how to talk like everybody else.  You'll be a better lawyer that way.

sonofapickle

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2010, 01:12:15 AM »
No, I just joined. I found this site a few days ago and decided to lurk here for a while before joining to get a feel of the place. I guess I need to take an interpersonal communications class? Most people I associate with talk in such a wider vocabulary bracket than I do, so I was surprised when you stated I was not talking like everyone else.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2010, 01:15:31 AM »
All the people who hang out in your parent basement playing D&D?

If you want to be a grammer grad, get a masters degree. Lawschool teaches you to talk almost in baby talk, your goal is to convince a jury what to think in a way they can understand and they are literally a group of people too stupid to get out of jury duty. 

No, I just joined. I found this site a few days ago and decided to lurk here for a while before joining to get a feel of the place. I guess I need to take an interpersonal communications class? Most people I associate with talk in such a wider vocabulary bracket than I do, so I was surprised when you stated I was not talking like everyone else.

sonofapickle

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2010, 01:19:44 AM »
You should not say people on jury duty are stupid. Some of them like having to undergo jury duty. I sure as hell would love to be on jury duty. Also, I plan on going into corporate law.

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2010, 01:22:48 AM »

That's fair enough.  I guess when people with big vocabularies get together, they tend to reinforce each others tendencies to use big words.

Most people out there don't have big vocabularies--just a friendly reminder.  :)